Search results

1. Worklog PS2IO - A new loading method based on old knowledge

as long as the logic level is the same and you don't directly short power to ground, you're probably fine
  2. Discussion PowerMii Lite - Interest Thread

you missed the part where I said I didn't need one :P
  3. Discussion PowerMii Lite - Interest Thread

I mean, I have all of the skills/equipment needed to solder one together myself.... That said, I don't really have a need for one :P and I could probably just whip my own board up if I really needed to.
  4. Worklog PPR

B-beautiful :')
  5. Discussion Share your tattoo/s

@Aurelio the outline is obviously the open source hardware logo. The inner pattern I'm not sure on, though.
  6. Worklog Portable PS2

Yeah, I just really don't like sparkfun. They make a lot of very overpriced stuff, IMO. It's less about the board and more about the fact it's from sparkfun, and the way they overcharge for pretty much everything.
  7. Worklog Portable PS2

>Sparkfun USB break out GMAN PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  8. Worklog Portable PS2

looks like a general glob top and like the board could have been cut down a TON. If he wanted/needed to.
  9. Worklog PS2 Trimming Initiative

it's literally already there on PS2 I thought? Like, the only reason Gman did what he did is because he cut the chip off.... Pretty sure, might be wrong though.
  10. Worklog Kill Mii (Altoids Tin Portable)

Aren't you worried about the vinyl stretching and things being inaccurate? Maybe it doesn't matter and is my inner perfectionist coming out with that concern, but just a thought.
  11. Solved It is fine to cut!

Compendium when? :P
  12. Solved It is fine to cut!

No Q-tips needed, just dump the whole bottle on that thing :P
  13. Worklog Ginger's Wii Portable Worklog

Sorry, I could have sworn that the previous page was the last one... Glad you got it fixed though :)
  14. Worklog Ginger's Wii Portable Worklog

Yeah, the best tip here is to get a better soldering iron. Seriously, that should just be a fairly simple heat to un-bridge that. You can get decent irons for a not too bad price so I recommend that.
  15. Worklog PS2 Trimming Initiative

I'm guessing since "the board won't boot without them" ;) and since it's likely one of the few bidirectional communication lines, it was likely to be that. Either that or just trial and error. EDIT: or, even more efficiently, he took a component off, tested, if it still booted, rinse repeat...
  16. Worklog PS2 Trimming Initiative

Viva la revolución Seriously, between Lightning's DEV9 stuff, and your trimming and documentation work, the PS2 will be alive for portabilzing. :D
  17. Worklog PS2IO - A new loading method based on old knowledge

Well, seems that won't be happening. I stopped at my mom's to pick up the old fat, and I'm pretty sure it was thrown away :| Sorry.
  18. Worklog PS2IO - A new loading method based on old knowledge

Not sure what I have, I haven't opened the fat up, and it's been years since I opened up the slim. I'll have to look later when I get home.
  19. Worklog PS2IO - A new loading method based on old knowledge

Sounds like exactly what I'd do :) EDIT: hmm... I have both a slim and fat ps2, as well as a logic analyzer. Want me to grab you some captures on that if I can manage it?
  20. Worklog PS2IO - A new loading method based on old knowledge

Think of a logic analyzer as a digital oscilloscope. All it does it is let you look at digital signals. You'll have to determine if it's going in or out. If a signal goes high, it will be registered as a 1 and if it goes low it will register as a 0. The main advantage of a logic analyzer is you...