Search results

1. MasterNate

Worklog PsWii

Hello BitBuilt! It has been a while since I posted a new worklog. For the past year and a half since I have officially given up on my first wii portable, I have been working on designing and planning for this new portable and hopefully this contest will give me the motivation needed to finish...
  2. MasterNate

Switching of Data Signals

Hello Bitbuilt. It has been a while since I have created a new thread. This is a problem I seem to be facing that i just cannot seem to get past. I am trying to switch signals between two sources, mainly video, audio, and usb data lines. I already have it worked out so that when I flip a...
  3. MasterNate

5 inch Component Screen Possibility

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-0-inch-800x480-TFT-LCD-Display-Touch-Screen-Controller-Board-VGA-2AV-/152071010078?hash=item236823771e:g:zvUAAOSw~oFXIfCh I was looking at this 5 inch screen. According to the datasheet of the main chip (RTD2660) the chip has component input. Is there any way we...
  4. MasterNate

Bundle of Wiis

Hey guys. I found a bundle of wiis on ebay that are not reading discs. The price is very nice, but the time left is very short. If anybody is interested, here is the link. They are all 6 layer boards...
  5. MasterNate

Worklog MasterNate's First Wii Portable

After a couple of months of gathering information, it is time to begin my first wii portable. I have planned out almost everything and want your input to tweak some of my ideas. Materials: 1. 1 untrimmed 6 layer Wii 2.Astar PD-3020 portable dvd player for 7" screen and speakers 3. Case will...
  6. MasterNate

ZN-40 Polycase Options

I am looking at a case for my portable wii. I have finally decided on the ZN-40 case. But i have 1 question. What is the difference between flush/textured and recessed/smooth?
  7. MasterNate

[Free] Button Board- SOLD

This is an old board from a portable dvd player that I am using in a portable. I knew I would not use it, but I at least might be able to help somebody else with it. It has a bunch of little buttons that can be soldered off and used in something else. Each button is about 1/4 the size of ur...
  8. MasterNate

Robots

When I am looking at how many people are on the site, it says guests members and robots. What are the robots?
  9. MasterNate

Question Wii Trimming

I am in the progress of creating my first portable wii. I have the case, the wii, the controller buttons, the screen, basically everything i need, but i have a problem. When i took out the wii, it was too large to fit in the case. I am using an untrimmed wii because i have no electrical...
  10. MasterNate

Solved Wii Takeapart

This is going to sound like a stupid question. But when i was taking apart my wii, I came across a problem. How do i get the wii motherboard off the back of the case? Pardon my noobishness.
  11. MasterNate

Question Gamecube as Classic Controller

Ok so I realize that a gamecube cannot physically act as a classic controller. But is there any software that I could install on the wii to make the gamecube controller look like a classic controller to the Wii? Like a software that makes the two triggers and analog sliders the four shoulder...
  12. MasterNate

Question Wii 6-layer heatsink question

I am creating a portable wii here soon and am stockpiling as much information as possible before I start. I have a 6 layer wii. I know that 6-layer boards create much more heat than a 4-layer board. But my question is, "How small can I cut my heatsink and not have a heating problem with my wii?"
  13. MasterNate

PortablizeMii Wifi

When I was building my portablize mii software pack, I noticed that there is an opportunity to add wifi. What is the point of adding wifi to my software pack? What is the use of wifi for PortabalizeMii?
  14. MasterNate

Gamecube Button Placement

I am using a wii u gamepad controller for my wii portable. I am using the GC+ Controller Board. I am not entirely sure which buttons to use as analog sliders. Would you guys recommend I move the analog sliders to the wii u gamepad joystick buttons, or move the z button to one of the joystick...
  15. MasterNate

Solved Wii U Gamepad Buttons in Wii Portable

In my first Wii portable project, I am using a modified wii u gamepad case with the wii u gamepad buttons. Does anybody know the pinouts for the different buttons and the joysticks? I am just a bit confused because there are five wires coming out of the joysticks and many small wires going...
  16. MasterNate

Question GC+ Replacement Controller Board Pinout

When looking at the GC+ Replacement Controller Board pinout, I noticed that there is an R and an Rt, as well as a L and Lt. Can anybody tell me the difference between the R and Rt and is there any way that I could use those four inputs like the four shoulder buttons on the wii classic controller?
  17. MasterNate

Gc+ Gamecube Replacement Controller Board Availability

I noticed on the store that the Gc+ Gamecube Replacement Controller Board is out of stock. Does anybody know when there will be more in stock for me to buy?
  18. MasterNate

Question Wii Portable Control Question

Hello all people on BitBuilt, I am attempting to create a wii portable. The case I want to use is sort of like a wii u gamepad in the fact that the buttons are on either side of the screen. I want to take a wii classic controller, cut in half, and put the buttons and joysticks on each side of...