Search results

1. sl33pydog

Worklog My First N64p

That is the stockiest stocky solidoodle ;). Surprised you haven't upgraded parts on it. Like everyone else this should look awesome once it's done.
  2. sl33pydog

Question 3V rumble motors

So found some tiny rumble motors at microcenter that run off of 3v. They are the perfect size for a portable....like <10mm in diameter and 4mm thick. The problem is I don't know if putting 3.3v with a resister to bring it down to 3v, if it's necessary, instead of 5v on the controller line...
  3. sl33pydog

Worklog Sl33py's build

About 230x130x60mm. That's a 5.6" screen
  4. sl33pydog

Worklog Sl33py's build

Thanks AC. Sneak peak at what I'm up to. The orangish blob is a 3d scan I did of the cut board with heat sinks/fan. Hopefully by next weekend I'll have some of the case started. I'm going to start small sections at a time then print them. Going to figure out the analogue triggers first.
  5. sl33pydog

Worklog Sl33py's build

Thanks guys. Should have an update soon or at least cad models. I started my first hobby again, drones so I have multiple projects at once. I need 3 days at least a week to work on my stuff.
  6. sl33pydog

Solved: PCM issue

Thanks guys for steering me towards the answer. I completely forgot about the c rating on batteries and the voltage drop. These batteries came with an unfinished portable that I stripped for parts and they aren't marked. Either they are old or have a 1c rating because I had them charged at 8V...
  7. sl33pydog

Solved: PCM issue

So I picked up two pcms from battery space rated for 6a on a 2 cell system (http://www.batteryspace.com/pcbfor74vli-ionbatterypack8alimitwithfuelguagesocket.aspx). I shouldn't be getting that high of amperage through my gamecube but for some reason I can only get about 2 seconds before the...
  8. sl33pydog

Worklog Sl33py's build

So you guys might know I was having sound amp issues and I tried lots of different ones and I kept realizing that these amps are loud. My audio coming direct from the GC was too low and these amplifiers are for 3W 4ohm speakers. So things became difficult. I looked at moopers board since I...
  9. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

So with new shielded wire and a new amp that was hidden in some usb powered aux in speakers it works with no interference. YAY. Thanks everyone for the help. Sorry this scratched brains.
  10. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

I wasn't able to get good shielded wire at any of the box stores but I took apart an 1/8th stereo cable which served kind of the same purpose and it made things really manageable. Thank you ShockSlayer B|. Seems you had this same dilemma with Tchay many many moons back. So I'm guessing my...
  11. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

@cheese it might be both I have checked two different cheap pam8403 amps and they both have the same issue. @Aurelio tried it with two speakers and headphones @Noah no fans at this point to see if they were producing noise. @ShockSlayer Are you saying every single wire is grounded? The legs...
  12. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

tried that and on a new gamecube....same thing. This is another strange part. So it's louder when I turn the volume up (duh on my part) but when I put the volume to min I can't hear the gamecube but I can still hear the buzzing but only slightly. Is this the dc offset you were talking about?
  13. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

same thing. Buzzing noise.
  14. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

15. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

I have a korad power supply to my gc regs on the pcb I made.
  16. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

Both. And the weird part is that the noise is oscillating ~30times per 10seconds
  17. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

The SMD ones are 100u at 17V. Thought that should have been enough like the diagrams out there. I tried the additional 100u cap on the amp and it didn't clean it. I think it's my input lines that aren't clean because with the GC running I switched the input cables to a stereo male connector...
  18. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

Yah but it was lessened by the shielded wire and going to the 3.3V regulator.
  19. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

2W 4ohm. the drok is 3W each at 5V
  20. sl33pydog

Solved Audio Noise

@Noah on the 5V rail I have the controller, fan and pam style amp. The picture below should show the regulator setup. I went back to another regulator board to see if that would help but no dice. @Shank The buzzing sounds more like clipping on a guitar amplifier. It happens more on the main...