Search results

1. LCandell

Worklog PiiS5 - Forget Custom PCBAs and advanced skills

Minor updates since the project's progress is running slowly: The plastic pieces to cover the controller ports were ready: Remember the original buttons that I've saved from the original console? I used some plastic pieces removed from this console to set the button board on place and then...
  2. LCandell

Solved Omega trim first attempt FAILED

The ol' reliable NAND bend Awesome work! Congratulations for your first OMEGA
  3. LCandell

Question Minimum OMGWTF trim

I've tried to reduce my trim as small as possible, but it still has the same shape defined on OMGWTF Maybe I should go for: -The AVE lines first (no matter if I need to solder on smaller vias) -Relocate U10 directly onto the vias on top side and wire 3v3 to it -Check compendium for closest...
  4. LCandell

Question Minimum OMGWTF trim

Hi everyone! Hope you're doing well I have a question: Does anyone knows which is the minimum trim size for a OMGWTF trim? NOTE: without relocating NAND or AVE I know that The Definitive Wii Trimming Guide indicates the trim size with red lines, but I saw some trims on this forum that are...
  5. LCandell

The reason for using a GameStation 5 and not a Nintendo or another console is because the PiiS5 Will look amazing next to my PS5: The console finally arrived! Here's the link, but I don't recommend buying from this seller (see the reason below): GameStation 5 - AliExpress It came with bad...
  6. LCandell

Worklog Wii portable called Wii TV

How about cellphone/tablet batteries? They are thinner than 18650
  7. LCandell

Introducing the spoiled baby: The PiiS5 -Have you ever found yourself in trouble when creating your console and seeing that it doesn't look good next to the rest of your consoles or your setup? -Don't have access to a 3D printer? -Did you read this with a voice like the TV spots announcer? I...
  8. LCandell

Worklog Wii portable called Wii TV

Hope this guide can help you to modifiy the voltage input for your screen: Running Screens Off Lower Voltages | BitBuilt - Giving Life to Old Consoles I think I saw a video which uses the same screen driver and the guy modifies it to run at 3.3V or 5V, but I need to get home to access to that...
  9. LCandell

Solved Snes micro computer

Can you share the specs of your computer? I didn’t imagine that can run $witch games by only seeing it :ding!: Such a cool project, congratulations!!
  10. LCandell

Question Bluetooth Module broke off my Wii (help)

If you want to use those points or scratch the vias near the gpu, it’s ok I was saying that you can solder direclty to the connector because your console its not trimmed and its easier to solder there
  11. LCandell

Question Bluetooth Module broke off my Wii (help)

Unfortunately you forcibly have to rewire the module onto the console because the connector is totally damaged The good news are that you don't need to scratch traces (for now), you can solder wires from the modulle connector (or the pads on the other side) to console connector. Just follow...
  12. LCandell

Question Mystery Screen/Driver Board (help)

Unfortunately I think your screen has that overlay by default on AV2, because this configuration is for the cars, when you go reverse, the screen automatically receives a signal in "BACK" to activate the screen. You can't change the AV input in which the screen turns on, or remove the overlay...
  13. LCandell

Question Mystery Screen/Driver Board (help)

When you wire the “BACK” pin to 12V (I don’t know if works with a lower voltage) the screen turns automatically on any of the AV inputs (normally AV2), this lets you remove the entire button board. Sometimes removing the board doesn't let the screen to turn on, but wiring the button board...
  14. LCandell

Question AVE relocation trim line / LDO resistor config

Hi! I saw somewhere in this forum (Exactly in a @Nold post that he trimmed an AVE chip and relocated it to do a OMEGA trim: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/road-to-omega-smexy-meme-pic-heavy-as-f.2015/page-2 -Can you @Nold, or someone share the exact trim line for the AVE chip to...
  15. LCandell

Worklog Road to OMEGA [Smexy-/Meme-/Pic-heavy as f***]

What a precise work with NAND bends and AVE Relocation! Can you share your resistor config for LDO or share a post where someone explain it? Also, can you share your trim line on the AVE chip? Thanks in advance Nold.
  16. LCandell

Worklog RVL-PSP (name may change) -- Nintendo Wii in a Sony Playstation Portable shell

Looks an amazing idea! I will follow every step of your progress, hope you can finish it and surely will look amazing Good luck!
  17. LCandell

Guide Soft Shutdown / Power-on Via Bluetooth

Ok, thanks again!
  18. LCandell

Guide Soft Shutdown / Power-on Via Bluetooth

Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge about little forgotten things like this, great work!! This is useful for ones like me that are searching alternatives for the custom pcb boards and do everything by your own I have a little question… If you wire a button (or send a signal by a...
  19. LCandell

Question Trimmed Wii 1.8V shorted with GND

First of all, congratulations for introducing you to the trimming world!! And with such a console as Ashida is For your questions: First you can remove EVERY component on the edges damaged by the trim, sometimes they cause shorts or malfunctioning 1- Did you use a heatsink or fan while you...
  20. LCandell

Worklog Desktop Arcade Wii Worklog

Sorry bro, I was about to suggest placing a resistor between 2 vias Hope doing another try fix the problem