Search results

1. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM4 - A StonedEdge and Dmcke5 collaboration

To be honest I’m not entirely sure yet. The Radxa CM5 will probably have a lot more power draw than the CM4 so a new boost regulator which can handle the current would be required I would think. Otherwise most of the other things would work, except for the second HDMI channel attached to HDMI...
  2. StonedEdge

I thought I'd share some progress on the final touches to the Retro Lite CM4 - a small little accessory, if you will! I always thought it would be pretty cool to integrate an OLED display into a docking station that gave you relevant information about the game/consoles you could potentially...
  3. StonedEdge

Worklog ScrambledFrequency's Wii R&D Thread.

Not to rain on your parade, but what width are those traces? For carrying up to transients and load currents of 2A like the Wii draws, I would be very surprised if the regulator board functions at all. You should use the polygon tool in your CAD program to make voltage and ground input/output...
  4. StonedEdge

Hi, we don't have any updates really. Until parts become readily available, we wouldn't consider making this available for public sale. When the chip shortage will get better, no one really knows, but hopefully it will be before the end of the year. Sorry to not bring better news!
  5. StonedEdge

Question Where is the custom RTD software?

A lot of the code is proprietary and copyrighted. Hence, it's probably why it hasn't been shared publicly. I would message BocuD directly if you want assistance with the firmware.
  6. StonedEdge

Worklog Nintendo Vegas

7. StonedEdge

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] Deck S2 (First PS2 Portable)

Potential cooling setup! Still haven't figured out where the batteries are going :rothink: Most likely in the grips again
  8. StonedEdge

Yes, though, I plan on integrating my own regulators and such into the PCB, so it won’t be from the 4 Layer Tech store (unless I run out of time and I need to use one from them lol)
  9. StonedEdge

After playing through the GoW series, I've been inspired to try my hand at a PS2 portable. Very early days in development, but I plan on hopefully entering the contest this year (or at least using this as an excuse to get back into console portablizing after building Pi's...). Still have a lot...
  10. StonedEdge

Worklog Raspberry PI Zero 2 based portable Retropie Console

Looks really nice so far, the gyrometer is a nice touch for streaming and games like BoTW, really awesome. Are you using 24-bit DPI to drive your screen, or do you have another solution at the ready? Looking forward to seeing your CAD design for the housing and more updates! Great job.
  11. StonedEdge

Retro Lite CM4

Hi everyone, Sorry to bump my own thread, however my two Retro Lite consoles were stolen in Osaka, Japan (Chuo-Ku) on the 23rd of April 2022. If anyone happens to find them online on any auction sites, such as eBay, Craigslist or Amazon, please send me a DM either here or on the Discord so that...
  12. StonedEdge

Worklog Wii-C

Nice build man! Check out these FFCs, they are expensive but the Premo Flex product line from Digikey makes nice impedance matched/shielded cables. Might be good for your AVE problem. I had terrible noise and signal integrity issues with my Retro Lite dock and HDMI too...
  13. StonedEdge

Retro Lite Rev 2.0! Inspired by another fellow modder, I have decided to try to integrate USB-C DRP and HDMI over the single Type-C port. The TPS65987D and TUSB546A from TI seem to be the easiest combination of ICs to use for this, unless you sign some sort of NDA to get an AIO chip that does it...
  14. StonedEdge

Retro Lite CM4

Reserved
  15. StonedEdge

Retro Lite CM4

The Retro Lite CM4 - A StonedEdge and Dmcke5 Collaboration Project Current worklogs on the Retro Lite CM4 can be found here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/retro-lite-cm4-a-stonededge-and-dmcke5-collaboration.3934/...
  16. StonedEdge

Internal PCBs are finally complete, after too many revisions to the hardware and far too much money spent… Finally found a use for all those Wii antennas I’ve salvaged over the years. It fits in a really nice spot, too. Definitely helps with the bluetooth range for things like wireless...
  17. StonedEdge

Worklog N64 Portable Worklog “Neo64”

Yes, those are good cells to use in a portable application if you want. High capacity and reliable distributor.
  18. StonedEdge

Today I received the custom battery samples for the Retro Lite. It's essentially 2 flat packs sandwiched together in 1s2p configuration, with some custom battery art to finish it off. It's heavily inspired by the original Switch Lite battery (i.e the HDH-003 model). The dimensions of the cell...
  19. StonedEdge

We've just used a regular parallel interface panel that is pretty common in these types of projects. A lot of them are pretty similar, but this is the one Dmcke5 bought: https://au.element14.com/midas/mdt0500d5ih-rgb/lcd-tft-module-5-800-x-480p-rgb/dp/3565100
  20. StonedEdge

Model G-Boy rev3 case files

The time has come.