Search results

1. R. G. Marigold

Solved Can the PMS-PD 2 be powered off of 5V instead of 3.3V?

The PD itself has the normal resistance to ground (9K Ohms I believe). But when I connect 3.3v it drops to around 5K ohms? The 5V line is completely unaffected, however. I think there's something funky with the PMS lite itself, as the LED doesn't work, except for the split second when I unplug...
  2. R. G. Marigold

The answer is no. Rest in peace RVL-PD. But round 2 with a voltage divider of 47 ohms for R1, and 100 ohms for R2 seems to work... for now.
  3. R. G. Marigold

You are right that USB devices run off of 5V, but the 3.3v pin isn't for the USB. Analyzing the traces on the board makes me believe it's for determining if the PMS it's paired with is on or off, so it can switch the USB data lines to feed into the Wii, or to the USB C port accordingly. That's...
  4. R. G. Marigold

A strange question, I know. I've been having a strange problem with the PMS-PD drastically lowering the 3.3v rail resistance to GND. (And there is no way on EARTH that this is user error, as I've tried everything from re-wiring the joints, to taking it out and cleaning it. But if you really...
  5. R. G. Marigold

Solved Wii shuts off after a second, only when screen is connected.

After an overnight charge, It now works as it should! I guess I should take it as a lesson, batteries are weird.
  6. R. G. Marigold

3.65V I guess it isn't that.
  7. R. G. Marigold

What the title says. I did the 3.3v mod on the driver you get from the 4layer store, and I hooked it up to the Wii. The Wii turns on just fine, it displays a crisp image (I've done the VGA mod) and then after a second it shuts off. But only when the LCD is connected. The behavior goes as...
  8. R. G. Marigold

Solved Whining noise when turning on PMS Lite

well, after a bit more investigation, it's not the pms. It was the fan (they were right next to each other in the case). It appears to be having trouble turning. I'm just glad it was that, and not something more serious. Sorry about that!
  9. R. G. Marigold

Solved Whining noise when turning on PMS Lite

Just asking incase this is a sign of a significant problem. I've been working on a Wii project for a little while, and today I turned on the trimmed board for the first time. There wasn't a screen attached, but I could feel the GPU warm up, so I knew something was happening. There was also a...
  10. R. G. Marigold

Model Louii Twoii CAD Files

Why not just use these buttons instead having to separate links for the ABXY and D-Pad?
  11. R. G. Marigold

Solved Is there a way to test if the Wii will boot without hooking up an LCD?

Basically the title. I want to eliminate any variables that might cause a black screen. Like, could I wire up an LED somehow that would work as the "Power" light? I'm using the RVL PMS Lite, which I know has points for an LED, but I don't know if that's actually an indicator for if the Wii is...
  12. R. G. Marigold

Question Removed U5 when I'm using an RVL PMS Lite?

I was working on a OMG WTF trim (the first trim I've ever done) and, following the trimming guide, I removed U5 and its surrounding components. I didn't consider that I wouldn't be relocating U10 because of the U10 emulation on the PMS when I removed it. Does that footprint need to be occupied...
  13. R. G. Marigold

Portable wii case spray painting questions

Wet sanding stops the sand paper from getting gummed up from the particles you remove while you sand, and in my experience it makes the surface much smoother. You need a special kind of sand paper for wet sanding though. I only really do air brushing, so I can't speak on aerosols, but I do know...
  14. R. G. Marigold

I just had an idea for GC2Wiimote and the GC+

I don't know if this was already thought of, but I'm just going to put this here just in case. I was browsing the other day and I found that the creator of the GC+ was not planning on making another revision of the hardware anytime soon. So then an idea popped into my head, what if you could...
  15. R. G. Marigold

Worklog The Game Pi Noobi

So, this is my first worklog on here. I'm trying to create a handheld emulator for all of the Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance games I never got to play, as they were before my time. The goal here is to design a handheld with little to no help from guides or the like. The only thing...
  16. R. G. Marigold

Good VGA driver board that would work with this IPS display?

Does anyone have any recommendations of VGA drivers that would work with this IPS display? Also, will that display be compatible with the RVL LCD Direct Drive? I want to snag one when it becomes available.
  17. R. G. Marigold

Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

While not being a shopping list, I'd start here if you're looking to get a general understanding of what you need to do. Then if you're looking to properly get started, look here for some incredibly useful components for portablizing; take a good look at the pages for the RVL-PMS (2 or Lite)...
  18. R. G. Marigold

Solved Will enameled copper wire made for beading work in place of magnet wire?

I actually managed to find these thanks to the "related items" section on the page, which do ship to canada. It looks like they cost a lot more, but they're a lot longer too, so it balances out.