Search results

1. thedrew

Worklog Pi-Xel

A few months back, I was thinking of my childhood and impulsively purchased a Retroid Pocket 2 for nostalgia after seeing all of the good reviews. To be honest, I was disappointed and has been in a drawer ever since. It's a bit of a learning process for me as I don't know much about the pi and...
  2. thedrew

Worklog Niintendo Pocket

Currently working on 2 Wii portables, but you can never have too many right? This ambitious tiny but mighty boy will require an AVE relocation, Nand relocation, and custom PCBs in order for me to obtain the small form factor. The goal here is to have something very pocketable. I'm still...
  3. thedrew

Worklog PriiMiium

Portables are hard work, expensive, and time consuming. So I thought, "Do I really want to put myself through this again and make another portable?" The answer is yes. Features: - 5" IPS 800x480 LCD via Aurelio's Direct Drive - Wii PMSv2 - GC+2.0 and U-Amp integrated on custom controller...
  4. thedrew

Aran Wii Mini

After a month of recreating the Aran Wii to fit a 4.3" IPS screen instead of a 5", the Aran Wii Mini is born! This design is heavily influenced off of @Wesk 's original Aran Wii design in which he was kind enough to give me the permission to recreate since the design is not open source yet...
  5. thedrew

WTB Eyoyo screen or screen board

Hey guys, looking to buy preferably the board only but if it's with the screen then that will work too. If anybody has it here that would be great! Even if it's a dead board I still think that will work for me.
  6. thedrew

WTB Eyoyo Screen Board

Hey guys, looking to buy the board only, I have the LCD. I could buy it from china but the shipping time... and if anybody has it here that would be great! Even if it's a dead board I still think that will work.
  7. thedrew

Worklog PS²

Hello forums! I need a break from the Wii portable I'm working on, so of course to distract myself I just started working on another portable lol I'm calling this project the PS² since it is a perfect square of 110mm x 110mm. Current features: - 4.3" IPS 800x480 display using component -...
  8. thedrew

Worklog WiiPlay!™

I've always found the PSP a very comfortable size and format, so this portable will be roughly of the same size, just a little thicker. Originally, I modeled the design identical to the PSP faceplate, but found it a little difficult to fit all the parts, so now the design is more of a mini...
  9. thedrew

Question Charge and Play Circuit

Hey guys! I have designed a regulator PCB board for the Wii: It works great and is actually quite small at just 24.6 x 20.5 mm and I used SOT-23-5 chips so it would be easier to solder than QFN since my attempt at the PowerMii Lite was a failure... Anyway, back to the point. I'm looking...
  10. thedrew

Solved RVK-01 Issues

Hey guys, I purchased a Wii that happened to be an RVK motherboard. Softmodding it was impossible and it threw me every error code in the book practically and it would not install PortablizeMii. Just picked up another Wii, also happens to be an RVK unfortunately, and I have the same issues...
  11. thedrew

Case Design Issue...What Am I doing Wrong?

Hey guys, I'm a newb with 3D modeling and just started out trying to model a case for my second portable however I seem to have run into an issue or maybe it's just me. I'm using FreeCAD for Mac and this is what the case looks like in FreeCAD: But when I export the file to an STL it looks like...
  12. thedrew

Portable Wii (No Name Yet)

Hey guys, finally finished my first portable whoop whoop. I just need a fan grill overall, I'm happy with it. Casework is eh, paint didn't exactly work out well on the back and the button cuts are not great and had to make a last minute change for the fan, hence the hole in the back of the case...
  13. thedrew

Question Wii Portable Total Power Draw (mah)

Hey guys, I looked around the forums and couldn’t find a specific, definitive answer for this question. In total, how much does a completed wii portable in terms of mah? I mean with the screen, controller, console and all. I’m just trying to decide on some batteries before I purchase them and...
  14. thedrew

Solved Are Some Wiis Unhackable? Will not install Portblize Mii...

Hey guys, are some Wii consoles unhackable? I've successfully installed Portablize Mii on multiple Wiis, but this one 4 Layer USA Wii I received today just will not install Portablize Mii. I've tried multiple SD cards and USB drives and keep getting the same error... Don't really want to have to...
  15. thedrew

$10 3.5" Screen? Has anyone used one of these?

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these and if it is even usable among portables. It has a yellow wire I'm assuming for composite and red and black for power. I contacted the seller and he just said he is unable to answer my questions...
  16. thedrew

Worklog Wii WVI V.2

Hello Bitbuilt Community! Just a few days ago I completed my first project here and was pretty happy with the results. It came out better than I thought to be honest but I know I can do better. Not only that but I wanted a better screen as well as some addition features and just a cleaner...
  17. thedrew

Connect 3ds slider to original controller?

Hey guys, quick question. Do you need a converter or microcontroller to wire a 3ds slider directly to an original Nintendo Classic Pro controller and it work just fine? I've seen something about connecting resistors for dead zones and all but wasn't sure if that was due to directly wired to the...
  18. thedrew

Worklog Portable Wii WVI (WIP)

Hey guys, been lurking for quite some time and have been a member of the Benheck and Modretro forums for quite some time. You guys do some really amazing work. I'm not a gamer, however when I was young I really enjoyed them and grew up with Nintendo consoles. My favorite being the Gamecube. I...
  19. thedrew

3DS Sliders... Quick question!

I know you guys have heard it a million times about the 3DS sliders. I just can't seem to find a specific answer after reading through the forums for a couple years, so thought I'd ask the pros. Can you use 3DS sliders on a 3rd party gamecube controller or any 3rd party controller? I've seen...