Search results

1. thedrew

Worklog Creamsicle G-Wii rev 2 "Shwii" Worklog

Your wire is WAY too exposed and can easily short out components and fry the PMS or other components. You only need to trim the insulation off the wire like 1mm or less for small connections and maybe 1mm-2mm max for large connections. Essentially, the insulation of the wire should be as close...
  2. thedrew

Littlehat's "enhanced" g-boy clone worklog

A bit of a broad question, but there is more than enough information here on the forums if you browse around and read some worklogs to see how others did it. There is also a wii trimming guide that covers everything to do with the motherboard preparation for a portable. A portable is not easy to...
  3. thedrew

Littlehat's "enhanced" g-boy clone worklog

Looking good!
  4. thedrew

PS2B

Dang, looks crispy. For your RGB to HDMI circuit, did you reverse engineer the pound or hyperkin cable or something?
  5. thedrew

PS2B

Holy... incredible. I can see how much work went into this and planning. Really awesome! Do you have any gameplay shots with that screen? I'm curious to see how the games look being scaled on a 1080P screen
  6. thedrew

Release Fakemote: A cIOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

Awesome work, thank you for your contribution to the community!
  7. thedrew

The Maybe UltraMini Portable Wii

This worklog is really awesome. I'm actually going to be using the GL832K as well, love the circuits simplicity with only 4 caps! I'm hoping it can run off 3.3v. Have you tried running it off 3.3v by chance?
  8. thedrew

GC2go [Summer Competition 2021]

Awesome! Looks very pocketable. This is a great example for the future of tiny portables!
  9. thedrew

Worklog PriiMiium

Prototype 99% done Honestly, building a rough draft prototype is double the effort since you then need to transfer all the internals to the final product, but it’s super helpful to see all the flaws when put together.
  10. thedrew

Worklog PriiMiium

I’ve decided to first build a prototype to make sure all the fitment and functionality is there. Maybe will be the final version if looks good enough haha. Thanks to the 4layertech team for those cascaded edges, as I was able to wire all the power lines from the under side of the board for tidy...
  11. thedrew

Worklog Partybox styled build

That two tone Zelda print for the lid is dope!
  12. thedrew

Worklog PriiMiium

Almost ready for final print with Shapeways :D I'm using their nylon powder printing service. Anybody have any experience with nylon for a portable?
  13. thedrew

Worklog PriiMiium

It is a 1mm copper plate I bought off eBay a while back and just cut it to size. It was something like this but wasn't exactly this one since I bought it a couple years ago. https://www.ebay.com/itm/303675452175?hash=item46b477ab0f%3Ag%3AjqgAAOSwHxVW7QSB&LH_BIN=1
  14. thedrew

Worklog PriiMiium

Received my boards today and populated them to realize I read the schematic of the ffc connector wrong that connects the two controller boards together, so now the ffc cable plugs in from the opposite direction lol. No big deal, I will replace the ffc with a different one that will work with...
  15. thedrew

Worklog Ginger Does a PS2 Thing

wow wow wow, kind of inspiring me to finish my ps2 portable...
  16. thedrew

Worklog PriiMiium

Been working consistently on this lately and have a pretty decent update now. Finally have a name for it lol The case is mostly done, just have some minor tweaks here and there. I changed the button layout to a more Gamecube style instead of the ds style. I have finished the most...
  17. thedrew

4 inch screen recommendations?

Those are trash. These are the new standard if you are looking for 3.5" 640x480. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001798148168.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.431c4081Y7GdYi&algo_pvid=f05b3040-0397-454c-806a-88f4d2dfc9f3&algo_exp_id=f05b3040-0397-454c-806a-88f4d2dfc9f3-0 A 4" 640x480 screen...
  18. thedrew

The Maybe UltraMini Portable Wii

Button board looks great! Just curious, why so many vias?
  19. thedrew

Worklog First portable: The Wavecube

Holy... wow that color and frankencasing is superb!