Search results

1. Tech Flare

Question Mini USB soldering directly to Raspberry Pi USB not working

Turns out the cord I was using was just not working. I bought a different cord and it works great!
  2. Tech Flare

I'm not sure. I have another mini usb cable that I have been using by just plugging it into the usb port which works fine, so there might be something wrong with the cable. I guess I'll get a new one on amazon and see if I can get it to work.
  3. Tech Flare

Hey guys, idk if this is the right place to be asking about this, but I am making a handheld Raspberry Pi retro game console, and I made a custom controller with a Teensy++ 2.0. This board uses a Mini USB cable to interface with the Raspberry Pi. I wanted to solder it directly to the Pi's USB...
  4. Tech Flare

Raspberry Pi Handheld Audio Help

Thanks, I decided to go with the 3.5mm audio jack on the screen. I just desoldered it, moved it to the spot for it on my case, and it works perfectly!
  5. Tech Flare

I was hoping to use the Raspberry Pi audio jack so I could use shorter wires, but I guess this is the best solution. Thanks for the help!
  6. Tech Flare

Hey guys, so I am making a handheld (sheck out my worklog here), and I am trying to figure out what I should do for audio. My plan is to have a 3.5mm audio out so I can plug in headphones, but I also want to have speakers as well. The screen i'm using (link here) already has an audio amplifier...
  7. Tech Flare

Solved Trying to Power a Raspberry Pi and 5" LCD Screen with 1 Battery

The link doesn't work, could you comment on this and post the link again?
  8. Tech Flare

Oh yeah, that's what I was talking about. I guess I assumed it came from the UK or something since shipping time says it takes up to 30 days to arrive
  9. Tech Flare

Yeah, that's probably my best bet. I wanted to try my current setup with the cheap voltage booster first though since the RetroPSU is expensive and takes forever to ship all the way to the US.
  10. Tech Flare

Ok, I tried increasing the voltage up to 5.72v, but it still diddn't work. This time the voltage fluctuated between about 3.15v, 4.15v, and 5.65v, but wasn't stable enough to power both devices.
  11. Tech Flare

Hello everyone, I've been working on making a portable Raspberry Pi for a while now, and it's so close to being done. Here's a link to my worklog that has more details: hackaday.io. Everything is working except my power setup. Basically I am trying to power this 5" display and the Raspberry Pi...
  12. Tech Flare

Raspberry Pi Portable Questions

If you are trying to modify it, like get one half of the controller on one side of the console and the other half on the other side, then it's practically impossible. If you don't need to modify it you can just use it as-is with the USB cord plugged into the Pi. I'd recommend making your own...
  13. Tech Flare

QUESTION - LED Light Strip Controlled by Raspberry Pi Camera

I have a christmas party to go to tonight, and I was interested in making a cool light up sweater using LED light strips, and controlling the colors of it using the raspberry pi camera so it reflects whatever the camera sees, but after researching a little I found no information on how to do...
  14. Tech Flare

Question Raspberry Pi Console Power/Battery help

The capacity of my battery is 2500 mAh. I can't exactly remember what i did with the wires to the screen's driver board, but i'm pretty sure I sent a 5v output pin from the powerboost to a 'POWER' pin on the driver board (not the DC 12v in connecter) and i sent a wire from the battery input...
  15. Tech Flare

here are the answers to your questions: My lipo battery has 3.7 volts. I bought the lipo from Adafruit.com. yes, I charged the lipo yes i bought the powerboost from Adafruit.com The powerboost was fried in the process, so i desoldered the wires. (With all due respect, my question was about a...
  16. Tech Flare

Okay so I am building a portable Raspberry Pi console, and my goal is to make it as close to the Nintendo Switch in form factor and function as possible. I've been thinking about how I want to go about this and I have come to a few conclusions: I'm going to use a 7" screen that runs on 12 volts...
  17. Tech Flare

Question Controller help with Nintendo Switch-like Raspberry Pi Console

No way dude. You just totally made my day! I’m totally going to buy that and feature your comment in my next video!
  18. Tech Flare

I don’t know how to do that ;/ I’m probably just going to use a teensy.
  19. Tech Flare

The picture you attactched isn’t showing up... EDIT: oh wait it showed up once I️ refreshed the page. Yeah, basically something like that.
  20. Tech Flare

I dont think I am going to use real Joycons unless i have too. On your second point about a Bluetooth controller: yes i have a Bluetooth controller, but i don’t know where to make the cuts. Maybe you could show me where to cut the board? Pics on the original post. Also, I️ don’t know what a...