Search results

1. SparkleBear

Question Help with first N64

I’m not so sure about u3. If they have the same exact label on the chip they might be the same. I would ask G-man, he knows the most about Pif relocation
  2. SparkleBear

Fluke 179 -- Used, trusty, fully functional.

Just got a new Fluke, selling my trusty old one. works perfectly, just cosmetically B- ... Its probably 5 years old or so. $300 new. Comes with the two leads and the meter. Im looking to get $160 or best offer :)
  3. SparkleBear

Worklog SparkleBear's First Portable Nintendo 64 Build Project Worklog.

Just uploaded gerbers to JLCPCB! Woot! Thanks to @Redherring32, @YveltalGriffin and @Gman, for looking over my schematics and board layouts. Super appreciate it fellas... Spent a bunch of time with Griff working on the trace entry angles at the pads -- as well as organizing the decoupling caps...
  4. SparkleBear

G-Wii Rev 2 Build

Let’s make more livestreams!!
  5. SparkleBear

Almost done with the first revision of my controller board. Learning kicad is a fun process... Way cleaner than the first version I did earlier in the day: I am still figuring out how I am supposed to connect the E14 detect pin works in the circuit... so I don't think it will work quite yet...
  6. SparkleBear

Question Help with first N64

Forgive me if this question sounds obvious, do you try to turn on the Nintendo 64 with a cartridge connected? Jumper pack or expansion pack? The Nintendo will not boot up without those… No sense in testing anything without those…
  7. SparkleBear

At this point two different designs around the same chip just didn't work for me no matter how many things I tried. A few weeks earlier, Gman generously shared the code he wrote for a PIC16F MCU. I now have decided to design my own PCB that suits my needs and I can troubleshoot from the ground...
  8. SparkleBear

It's been a few weeks since I posted in the work log... I've put alot of hours into the project with out a ton to show for it... Worked on prototyping a controller on a proto board so I could start to understand how these chips interact. Studied up on the guide hub post on controller chip...
  9. SparkleBear

Galaxy Black G-Wii

Looks great man! I loved building my first, and loved building my second even more. Looking forward to hear how smoothly your second one goes too!
  10. SparkleBear

Worklog Road to OMEGA [Smexy-/Meme-/Pic-heavy as f***]

Learning so much from your thread @Nold. Thanks for helping blaze the trail I'm treading down lately... I want to try that upside down NAND bend. Looks super fun. :)
  11. SparkleBear

Intelligent access control based on arduino uno and LCD

So cool man.. great work! Thanks for sharing ;)
  12. SparkleBear

Worklog Black G-Wii Rev 2 Worklog

Sorry you’re having troubles buddy... Is it always with the same game backup file? I had a Mario galaxy backup that would always crash no matter what wii I played it on... needed to ”re-dump” the game. I hope we can figure it out ...
  13. SparkleBear

Worklog Life goal: trim an omega.

Deep research from the NoldCave discovered that the components in the top right of the gpu had been trimmed off. (Thanks @Nold). Those are necessary. I spent a while researching that little filter and attempted to rebuild it... The threeway capacitor takes 3v in the top, the center point is...
  14. SparkleBear

Ill give that a touchup, thanks @Gman ... Here are the resistances with the wii trim disconnected from everything WITH the u10 relocation: Im used to seeing the 3v3 resistances about 6k across the board... or atleast consistently a high kOhm value across the board. This discrepancy has me...
  15. SparkleBear

In troubleshooting this I made the 1v8 pad on the wii bigger for "more bite" as @CrazyGadget put it. I also switched over to PMS2 to see if it was a u10 relocation problem. Still no boot though...
  16. SparkleBear

Studied up more this morning and tried out the trim... The board's resistances were normal. NAND and AVE relocation was confirmed booting on untrimmed board. Relocated the u10 and confirmed 3.3v there. Also relocated R71 on the top of the GPU to the NAND flex cable. Trimmed the board down...
  17. SparkleBear

A few weeks ago I fried my PMS1. Woops.. I finally fixed it last night. Learned to program PIC chip (thanks to tip by @Aurelio : https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-program-your-gc-board.2541/)... Replaced the BQ and bam... working pms1 again. This unit was only populated for...
  18. SparkleBear

For the longest time I have wanted to take on this challange. The "illusive omega trim"... After a breif but welcome vacation from wii while diving deep into the n64 project, I'm inspired and ready give this a try. I've been studying the compendium after transferring it over to photoshop...
  19. SparkleBear

Question Getting Wiimote Rumble motors working with GC+2...

Thanks @Gman , I just tried that test you recommended and the meter does not show any voltage when A+B are pressed in the controller test program in RVLoader. I also tested to make sure the motor rumbles when touched to 5v and ground; it does... I am not sure what else I can test... Here are...
  20. SparkleBear

Question Getting Wiimote Rumble motors working with GC+2...

This seems like it would be a no brainer but I am having issues with it... I have soldered the red/blue lead from the wiimote motor to the M+ and M- on the GC+2 respectively. I hooked MP to 3.3v and also another test at 5v... I tried LRA jumper open and closed. Nothing has yielded a rumbling...