Question wavebird board layout

hi everyone!

short question. anyone have the wavebird board layout? if not. how can remove the white paint over the board?

i'll do a little project but i need to rewire the wireless controller.
thanks you guys!.
see ya!

Luke

Portables
Can you not just scratch it off over the traces that you need to wire to, in the same way you would scratch away the green epoxy that's on most PCBs?

And anyway, unless I'm mistaken, there should be solder points to most or all of the places you need to rewire, so I think you can trim it however you want and solder to those, and not worry about the white stuff.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
And anyway, unless I'm mistaken, there should be solder points to most or all of the places you need to rewire, so I think you can trim it however you want and solder to those, and not worry about the white stuff.
There's actually quite a bit of stuff all over the board, according to the teardown on the FCC website (click Detail then Internal Photos).
As of yet, nobody has done a scan of the board. If you'd like to sand the board and scan the layers in, I'd be happy to put the scans together and show what you can trim and what you'd need to relocate.

thanks for the replies.

I have a couple images of the board and this connectors. with a little time i will post it.

making some progress.

I actually remove the emmiter, sliders, on/off switch, triggers and crystal capacitor.

My idea is put a li-ion battery replacing the 2 AA batteries and a usb charger. Also, i'll trim this board to fit in a normal gamecube controller case (because i hate that "tumor" of the wwavebird). At least, I'll modify the reciver adding a usb connector for charge and play (usb only brings 5v power to controller)

This is the actual front of the board ( I''ve scraped the white paint a little bit)
IMG_20161214_164125.jpg

and this is the back of controller
IMG_20161214_164055.jpg

I'm paining the traces for future trimming and relocation soon

have a nice day!

Last edited:

Luke

Portables
Cool project. Seems like a decent challenge.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I did this a while back. You may or may not find it useful.
Edit: hurr durr link

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I did this a while back. You may or may not find it useful.
Did what lmao, did you forget a link perhaps?

Also I assume the light on the reciever stays on because you desoldered the joystick? Either way, looks cool! Can't wait to see more!

Did what lmao, did you forget a link perhaps?

Also I assume the light on the reciever stays on because you desoldered the joystick? Either way, looks cool! Can't wait to see more!
exactly, the controller thinks that is a button pressed or analog moved to any direction. but if reciver light is turned on, then are comunication with controller so it´s fine :p

New update!

I made another trim, this time the borad fits perfectly in the controller shell.

photo_2016-12-16_11-37-46.jpg

when the project is ready, i´ll post the pics to cut for and relocate

ps: sorry for my horrible english.

Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
ohoho man, is that the gamecube's LED thingy?

Luke

Portables
Nice. Very impressive.

This is pretty cool, think you can post an image showing where to trim the board, as well as how to relocate the power switch. I'm thinking of making a portable and wanna use a wavebird for the primary controller as I would be able to have it be disconnected from said portable

This is pretty cool, think you can post an image showing where to trim the board, as well as how to relocate the power switch. I'm thinking of making a portable and wanna use a wavebird for the primary controller as I would be able to have it be disconnected from said portable
I'll do