BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Fuck all of you. Check your goddamn pizza proximity privilege

Hey all,

I'm (Mister)Mark, from the Netherlands. After getting all the emulation pleasure i could from my raspberry pi 3 i would like to build something that is more current gen. Any good tips or places where someone who is new to the hobby can learn about all of this?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey all,

I'm (Mister)Mark, from the Netherlands. After getting all the emulation pleasure i could from my raspberry pi 3 i would like to build something that is more current gen. Any good tips or places where someone who is new to the hobby can learn about all of this?
Welcome :)
Anyway it depends a lot on what you want to build. Do you have any idea?

Welcome :)
Anyway it depends a lot on what you want to build. Do you have any idea?
Well, as i have a second Wii thats gathering dust i was hoping to eventually make that mobile.

The dream is to have something like the wii in a gameboy that I have seen on this site. But as I figured that needs a lot of practice and at least some knowhow.

Have you had any experience soldering or are you completely new to everything?
I'm new to most of this. I'm starting a soldering course in a month, our goal is to make arduino based laser gaming sets :).

Any tips on things i have to start reading into?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I'm new to most of this. I'm starting a soldering course in a month, our goal is to make arduino based laser gaming sets :).

Any tips on things i have to start reading into?
If that's the case take a look at YouTube videos on how to solder (look for EEVblog videos, they are long but good). You might want to get some scrappy electronics boards and mess with it to practice soldering

Hello!!!

I am a (mostly) lurker originally from ModRetro - Around three years ago on facebook I saw a post of a Nintendo 64, still in it's original case, transformed into a standalone unit with batteries and a screen. I was mesmerized, and presently became engulfed in the world of console portablization. I've been working on my own gamecube portable on and off for nearly three years now (started before the whole Wii revolution), and it finally looks to be coming to a close. I started college this year, and shipping everything from New York to Chicago was going to be hella difficult, so all plans rely on me finishing everything up on my breaks!

Just wanted to mention the unbelievable talent I've seen here, it is absolutely mind blowing what you people here have accomplished. Hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute something meaningful here as well!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hello!!!

I am a (mostly) lurker originally from ModRetro - Around three years ago on facebook I saw a post of a Nintendo 64, still in it's original case, transformed into a standalone unit with batteries and a screen. I was mesmerized, and presently became engulfed in the world of console portablization. I've been working on my own gamecube portable on and off for nearly three years now (started before the whole Wii revolution), and it finally looks to be coming to a close. I started college this year, and shipping everything from New York to Chicago was going to be hella difficult, so all plans rely on me finishing everything up on my breaks!

Just wanted to mention the unbelievable talent I've seen here, it is absolutely mind blowing what you people here have accomplished. Hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute something meaningful here as well!
Welcome on board! :)

Noah

retired
Portables
Welcome aboard! I have been in the scene for years and am still blown away by what people come up with. The hobby is always evolving yet staying exactly the same :D

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Hi everyone!

I go by fibbef pretty much wherever I go on the internet. Been on the modding scene for a few years. I considered creating an account here awhile back, but the site was blocked at my office, which is where I'm usually at a computer. Happened to check today and lo and behold I can get to BitBuilt! If I happen to disappear for great lengths of time it probably means my office blocked the site again.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Nah, my work flagged it as a gaming site (rightfully so). I'm not sure what their criteria is, but it seems to me that their filter goes off of how much gaming content is detected, if that makes sense. Even my own personal blog gets blocked from time to time. I just have to write a post about music or something and then we're good again.

Miceeno

2020 3rd Place Winner
Portables
Hey guys, I just found my way over here from ModRetro. I'm late to the party again. I lurked Benheck forever before finding ModRetro last time.

I finally got back into modding after taking a break to move. I finished a couple of portables that I'll get posted. Too bad I'm taking a break again because the last mod I performed was on my knee. I used a dirt bike and a tree to perform the OMGWTF Trim to all the ligaments except the LCL. I've already commissioned a doctor to frankencase the joint and I'm waiting for the bondo to dry before I get back to it.