Solved My Regulator Board Problems

When I connected my regulator board to mobo using this diagram (left), at first my power led came on consistently. Then, it would only come on for a brief second. Now, it doesn't come on at all. I have checked the fuse and 12V is going through it when plugged in (to wall). Oh, and the fan is on too. Does anyone see anything wrong with my soldering in the 2nd picture?

Attachments

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Check to make sure there are no shorts between the two boards, I'd recommend putting like paper or electric tape between the boards to ensure they aren't touching each other. Also, your 1.91v wire has a dangling bit on the end that may touch something else and cause a short as well, make sure that isn't touching anything else either.

The fan will spin up when it gets any amount of power, even if it's much less than the 12v it's supposed to get. You may want to check the incoming voltage and ensure it is not below 11-ish volts. Also check the other three lines to make sure you are getting the correct voltage.

Also, could you post a couple more pictures? It's kinda hard to see everything in the second one. Also, put a picture of how you are powering it (I assume with the original switch/power input since you mention the fan spinning).

I am powering it using the original cord. I just put some electrical tape on the back, but it still doesn't work. I double checked the fuse and red and black wires going into the board which are both at about 12V. I tried putting the multimeter leads in many places but I couldn't get a voltage anywhere else.

Attachments