Worklog RIIIIIP

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
But the pack includes emulators for n64 and nes right? So you could play those consoles through ththe emulators. Sounds like you don't really need it unless you want animal crossing or to play VC games?
Yeah it does, but some games (especially some n64 ones) don't run very well, while the vc emulator is highly optimized

pengy

But to use VC you'd have to buy the games through The wii store over wifi right? Or is there a workaround for that?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
The VC games are pretty optimized and run mostly glitch free. A few games had minor tweaks, for example Pokemon Snap on VC let's you save your pictures to an SD card.

Btw has anyone tested this on Portablizemii yet? Is there a workaround to save to usb since we don't use SD cards on Portablizemii?

pengy

Can you play VC games without buying them through the official wifi channels?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Yea thats my biggest problem atm. Would anyone be down to skype and show me how to install them. Idk if we're doing something wrong when trying to put the games in

Trimmed my gc controller. For the sliders im gonna use rdc's converter since ive had it lying around for a while. When placing them on the front case they'll be stacked on top of one another. I also found some glazing putty that i started putting over my case which ill soon sand down and paint.
0908161027.jpg
0908161028.jpg

Partially wired up a 2 transistor led low battery indicator. I bought an led, but have to figure out the resistor i need for it. Havent exactly thought about the voltage i want either. Most likely 6.4v if thats close to dead. Im also not exactly sure if i wired up the pot correctly. Lol
0911161449.jpg

Alright guys, going to resand my wii board with 600-1000 sand paper before booting it up, also gonna hopefully finish the front case half today. Pics soon*
Edit: could the 3.3v trace on u5 effect u10 even if that pin isnt connected directly on the board?

R.I.P
Same results as last time...im beginning to think im cursed or something. Until theres a solution to what im dealing with i think this project is dead. Ig theres that mini64 to look back at :/ sorry guys...i need a min lol
0913161134.jpg

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Double check you didn't cut into any nand traces. You could also try putting another ground wire on the other side of the board to ensure there's proper grounding everywhere.

Double check you didn't cut into any nand traces. You could also try putting another ground wire on the other side of the board to ensure there's proper grounding everywhere.
Definitely didnt cut the nand traces. Could try the extra gnd wire, but super tired so ill try it out later. I get the proper voltages all around. Prob could relocate video to another spot...

talked to gman about my wii, he advised me to use regulators to test it instead of jumping the lines off another wii. ill order them within the week, ill also have to order some new tacts, the ones i ordered never made it to my place...

Sorry guys, gotta put this project on hold. Trying my best to save bits of money for the parts i need, but just today, i was in a car accident. Im ok, but gotta start getting money for my piece of shit car =/
For now ill be continuing the case work as i resolved my tacts issue with the seller and will be getting 250 soon. Will post pics as soon as i can.

Status update: hoping ill get money tomorrow for the ti regs, im going to soon test a chopped controller with the converter board and sliders i bought.