Worklog Final Destination Omega Trim

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Could run a 50 turn Mario Party game with all CPUs on the highest difficulty. That's how I test my systems
I usually run a four CPU Ice climbers, very high pokeballs only in endless melee which I did end up doing for this current trim as I had to wire up a controller for other reasons. But if you don't have a controller hooked up (Which is me a lot of the time when testing Omega trims) the F-Zero and Mario Kart DD intro loops work well.

Speaking of.....The stability of this new board is solid as a rock, so I'm now moving on to AVE relocation and more testing before the trim.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Slowly does it.

After trimming and tetris-ing the AVE and CPU filter components so that they fit nice and snug on the back I performed a 2 hour run-in to verify the system was stable.

Here's how she looked:

1686460849053.png

I've now trimmed the CPU side and have begun stability testing again, I'll verify that's fine before moving to the RAM side.

I didn't take it as far as I could (up to the vias) as that will be the final step of the build.

1686460953227.png

Once the system has been validated as stable I'll move on to the RAM side, then the AVE side before finally trimming the top.

This is looking far more promising than the previous trim.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
It's done
finished-elijah-wood.gif

Here's a quick look at the most cursed looking trim before I had finished it:

1686560909753.png

And here's a look at the *final* trim (an extra mm can be taken from the bottom but I cbf atm):

1686561064908.png

1686561104538.png

I've been running the system for about 3 hours now and it's running absolutely flawlessly, stability is rock solid

Here it is running in all its tiny glory:

1686561290979.png

theres-nothing-there-its-empty.gif

And here it is sitting inside the GC Nano shell:

1686561445843.png

Final measurements of this particular board are 52mm x 52.5mm

52mm x 51.5mm is attainable with slightly more trimming to the bottom but for now this is where I end my journey.

Now I've just gotta use it in something cool....

Last edited:

Zini

Portables
some day
I simply can't believe it. If I wasn't looking at it with my very own eyes I would be flabbergasted.

Pack it up everyone, he won.

Portables
KiWii Portable (In progress)
It's done
View attachment 28089

Here's a quick look at the most cursed looking trim before I had finished it:

View attachment 28090

And here's a look at the *final* trim (an extra mm can be taken from the bottom but I cbf atm):

View attachment 28091

View attachment 28092

I've been running the system for about 3 hours now and it's running absolutely flawlessly, stability is rock solid

Here it is running in all its tiny glory:

View attachment 28093
View attachment 28094

And here it is sitting inside the GC Nano shell:

View attachment 28095

Final measurements of this particular board is 52mm x 52.5mm

52mm x 51.5mm is attainable with slightly more trimming to the bottom but for now this is where I end my journey.

Now I've just gotta use it in something cool....
oh... my... goodness... Wesk you legend, goodness gracious this is amazing, you never fail to impress me!

#OmegaIsDead

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Today we pay our respects to the first FD Omega.

It gave it's life in pursuit of greater memes and it seems it flew too close to the sun.

After it's fourth/fifth overheat (somewhat deliberate) it decided it was time to move to the great beyond to join Yamauchi and Iwata in eternal bliss.

But do not grieve, for what we have discovered from FD's noble sacrifice shall lead us forward into a new age of impossibly small Wii's beyond what anyone could imagine.

1686964079765.png

PRESS (X) TO PAY RESPECTS

And just to be clear......
bec3fef3-3451-43d3-aae1-2958337190f5_text.gif