All new wii trim!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portables
OG boy
GIBCON stands for “gee I basically cut off nothing” and it exists for one reason: to revolutionise portable wii consoles. It retains all of the parts from the OMGWTF trim as well as a few extras. For example: the USB port, sensor bar, bluetooth mudule, disk drive connectors ( in case your wii still does a drive check) and the wiimote pairing button. As well as the opportunity to keep certain ports making it easier to assemble all your parts. I made this because it was Miyamoto who said he wanted the wii to have all these features like motion controls and he liked the pointing cursor. So this is what you want to build a portable that stays true to what we all know and love from our childhoods. I think the console with a built in sensor bar will be a hit! And you can still have a built in controller to play without motion controls!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I have to at least issue a half-hearted warning. Your trim is not going to accomplish what you want it to. I'd recommend sticking to the established trim lines instead of drawing your own lines until you actually understand what's happening on a Wii motherboard.

And I'm pretty sure Miyamoto doesn't want portable Wiis to exist, so I wouldn't worry too much about his vision.

Portables
OG boy
We're you able to test the trim? Does it work?
No i have not tested it as i dont have anything to cut it with and dont have the money for the custom regulators. Also i just accidentally short circuited this board while plugged in so pretty sure its dead. Waiting to see later.

Portables
OG boy
I have to at least issue a half-hearted warning. Your trim is not going to accomplish what you want it to. I'd recommend sticking to the established trim lines instead of drawing your own lines until you actually understand what's happening on a Wii motherboard.

And I'm pretty sure Miyamoto doesn't want portable Wiis to exist, so I wouldn't worry too much about his vision.
Thanks for the advice. While i have never trimmed a wii board i have been working with other boards and similar items from a young age and have enough wii boards to undo mistakes. But yeah i wont be doing this because if you dont think it would work then it needs more work.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Pro tip: it's better to do your research early on and understand the process before trimming anything, rather than destroying multiple boards in the name of "learning"

^^^

Pro tip: it's better to do your research early on and understand the process before trimming anything, rather than destroying multiple boards in the name of "learning"
Yes, and... whatever feels like the right way for you to learn is the right way for you to learn... Sometimes its the easy and deliberate way, and sometimes its the hard and wabisabi way. Lord knows i've killed a wii or two in my day. But then after i learned wtf was going on I went back and brought most of them back. I think its important to just do sh*t sometimes and learn from your mistakes with in reason. **Please don't experiment with mains power kids...**

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thread Locked

You are not qualified or experienced enough to post guides, so don't. Jokes like this belong in Spam Central. (I really hope it's a joke)

Also moved this to Spam Central because.................. yes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.