Question Battery Questions?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Those will work, and as long as the size of the jack is the same as the size of the plug, they don't particularly matter, besides what does/doesn't fit in your case.

I am still very new to this, so i have a few more questions. Im pretty sure that the protection board mentioned above and this one are very similar, but I was reading in the comments of the amazon one that you should not use the board to charge the batteries. What does he mean?

bentomo

sands mobos in a single swipe
It means that you don't want to directly connect a DC voltage to the protection circuit to charge it. You must use a charger, which limits the current and the voltage.

cheese

Staff member
I'd connect the led after the switch so that the led isn't always on. The charging jack would either go on the third set of terminals on the switch (if it was a dpdt or spdt type) or before the switch (where you have the led now).

cheese

Staff member
The switch is there to turn the power on and off going to the wii itself. Even if you are using the stock regulators, they use some power even when the console is off, which can drain your battery quite a bit if you don't keep it on the charger...