Question Powering the wii

Hello, i have been working on a wii portable for some time and i have been using wall power. I have the batteries and pcb and everything ready for batteries, but there is no space inside the case. I was wondering if there was a way to use the normal wii power plug and connect it to the batteries. for example to have the plug (Photo below)
connected to the batteries to make an external battery pack.

Attachments

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Sure, just cut the cable near the brick, strip the insulation back enough so you can solder to the positive and negative wires, and hook those wires up to the output of your batteries. I would recommend using a 14.8v pack since the on board regulators will work throughout the battery life of that, but they'll drop out pretty quick on a 11.1v pack. If you're using custom regulators then 7.4v - 11.1v packs are what you want.

i just connected by batteries to the positive and negative of the cable, but there is no output on the other side

my wii is still 100% functional, but i think that the power cube didn't work before. Im going to buy another cube to test,

my wii is still 100% functional, but i think that the power cube didn't work before. Im going to buy another cube to test,
keep in mind, you want to completely separate the connector + cable from the power brick; putting the battery voltage through the brick probably won't give you any results (not implying you did that, but just in case you did :) )

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
And also, if you didn't cut the brick off, it could pull the voltage down from the battery

just tested it and it worked, now i need to order a new protection board because i fried it measuring voltages ;)