Question Pokemon rumble u nfc figures

Does any one here have Wii u skills to reverse engineer the encryption algorithm used by pokemon rumble u to write valid data onto the nfc figures?

Best regards

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Cloning the NFC packages has been a thing for ages, but I've haven't heard of people cracking the encryption to modify the stats. That'd be a lot of effort for pretty small niche crowd.

Cloning the NFC packages has been a thing for ages, but I've haven't heard of people cracking the encryption to modify the stats. That'd be a lot of effort for pretty small niche crowd.
The data on the tags are encrypted with the tags UID in some way.

Do you have any knowledge or skills regarding this type of reverse engineering?

Best regards

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Nah I don't, and afaik no-one else has managed to yet either. At least no-one who has publically acknowledged the feat.

Legend

Portables
Im not sure about modifying the actual files, but it may be as simple as using a hex editor if you can find the values for what you want to modify (probably not that simple tbh)...

but if you can find the files for the figures and modify them, then you could easily get NTAG 215 tags and write the modified files to them with something like "TagMo" for android and use them as the actual figures, but modified.

hope this helps! I used to write amiibo's to them all the time.