Discussion can the wii mini be hacked

Hfrox

Smash stack Fail no sd
Letter bomb = Fail no sd
Twilight Hack =Fail System 3.0 needed and there is no sd card
Lego Hacks = Fail No Sd
WiiKey = Fail special drive plug for wii mini may work if someone made a adapter or a special mod chip
NAND swap = need wii mini NAND key and we cant dump the nand key so Fail?
Solder in SD slot and try Smash stack or Lego hacks?

I don't think its possible and its pointless because regular Wii's are better and cheaper. There is also no modding information documented and soldering an SD slot would not work because the Wii mini does not have the pins for the SD slot on the motherboard

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Nand swap would require the key to modify, wiikey fails because not all the proper data pins are there for the drive (it has been privately mapped out, but it isn't constructive so it hasn't been released), SD slot fails because it has been disabled in software (even if you wire a slot up properly, the pins are there, just hidden).
I put some time into this in an attempt to get the no wifi ioses from the Wii mini nand, but since they've been recreated (thanks Aurelio ^-^), it's no longer necessary, and I have stopped looking further.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Yea, Cheese and I discussed this quite a bit back in the modretro days, and I even sent him a Wii mini to play around with. He put quite a bit of time and effort into cracking it, but couldn't find a way in. What we were really interested in was figuring out how to disable wifi, but like Cheese said, Aurelio figured that out.

As of now, there are no advantages to the Wii mini, only disadvantages. Cost, functionality and documentation are all better for the regular Wii.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
A lot of shit in this thread is wrong. I guess I need to put out some real information.

There is only one way to hack the Wii mini, and it's fairly elusive.

Hfrox

What about a mod chip to install on the wii mini is there one?