Question PS2 Disk Drive

Hey everyone!
I've been thinking about making a PS2 portable for a while now and I was wondering if I should use the disc drive instead of USB but still have the memory cards so I have that option to use usb. I was inspired by Ashen's portable PS2 because it has the disc drive and also has memory card slots. So what is your guy's opinion on the disc drive?

Disc drive bad. Use lot power, take up lot space.
Oh ok I was just hoping that I could use the disc drive since i wanted to run the games at full speed because some people said that the cutscenes are a little laggy but thanks

Oh ok I was just hoping that I could use the disc drive since i wanted to run the games at full speed because some people said that the cutscenes are a little laggy but thanks
You can try to load the games over a Raspberry Pi with the SMB method. I'm not entirely familiar with how to do it, but that would be the fastest way to load games

One thing i was wanting to find out is the possibility of using a SCPH-7000X Model slim. since these systems still have the HDD connections on the motherboard that existed on the PHAT PS2 Models. someone made a FPC connector with a sata adapter to connect a small sata HDD to the slims and use OPL or HD Loader which would solve the issue of the USB 1.1 speeds. I thought about trying to build in a SSD sata drive using this adapter but was wondering if anyone else thought of this. I can provide images of where the connectors live on the boards