Worklog The cgii5 (name in progress)

Pepano

So for about 2 months, me and my friend Jordan have been studying the forums and guides on BitBuilt. We are now ready to make a portable Wii. We will be making 2. A Louii and a Gwii. We got the case from ginger (big thanks)
upload_2020-3-25_10-46-7.jpeg

It was my job to sand and add primer. The first job was of primer didn’t go well. So I had to sand it off.
upload_2020-3-25_10-47-14.jpeg
upload_2020-3-25_10-47-27.jpeg
I don’t have any photos of the case with a better coat of primer. I added some light coats of spraypaint.
upload_2020-3-25_10-48-38.jpeg
. So far so good. I don’t know if I should do another coat just in case or if it’s fine.
We will get the materials later when we have time. I’ll try to upload and update if possible.

Pepano

So after seeing the back, I realized I probably did a terrible job, so I went and respirated both of them after sanding it a bit. I just added clear coat to the front half, I’m going to wait until I have my white posca pen to do the drawings. But the front looks good.
upload_2020-4-4_14-10-11.jpeg
upload_2020-4-4_14-10-26.jpeg
I also need to know. Without the tact switches for the ABXY buttons. Should there be a bit of force for it to be put in or should it just slide in easily? Plus I’m holding the case weird so that I don’t damage the clear coat since I don’t know how long it should dry for.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Without the tact switches for the ABXY buttons. Should there be a bit of force for it to be put in or should it just slide in easily?
There shouldn't be any force required to get the buttons into the case, they should fall right into place. You may want to sand a bit in the button holes to expand them if you have to put any pressure to get the buttons in.

Plus I’m holding the case weird so that I don’t damage the clear coat since I don’t know how long it should dry for.
From what I've seen, a few days is a good amount of time to wait for the paint/clear coat to fully cure

Pepano

There shouldn't be any force required to get the buttons into the case, they should fall right into place. You may want to sand a bit in the button holes to expand them if you have to put any pressure to get the buttons in.

From what I've seen, a few days is a good amount of time to wait for the paint/clear coat to fully cure
So I should go and cut a small piece of sandpaper and sand the insides of the abxy holes. And should I go and add another coat of clear coat or paint after sanding that part?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
So I should go and cut a small piece of sandpaper and sand the insides of the abxy holes. And should I go and add another coat of clear coat or paint after sanding that part?
Yep, cut a piece and sand it up, I wouldn't repaint the inside however, because it'll just wear away onto the buttons

Pepano

Yep, cut a piece and sand it up, I wouldn't repaint the inside however, because it'll just wear away onto the buttons
I’m only painting the outside, that’s what I meant if should repaint the front.