Worklog Wii-Fu ( First wii portable)

first thanks to all who contribute and gave the bases to be able to make this type of project; I decided to do this worklog based on all the comments of the BuitBuild mentors, but in my country I am not able to find all the bitstore accessories, or they are very expensive for me, so I researched and proposed a construction with alternative components, I will be updating this thread as I advance over it.

I trimm my mb using a hacksaw and then the sandpaper, the trick is not to press, just scrape the surface till it cut, why do I do it that way?, because the dremel usually jumps in case you are nob (my case xD image 1 & 2)

I will use mp8415 as a power source, if they are powered at 12v or more they give 2 amps, the problem is that they get hot, so I mounted them on an old gpu fan (image 4 & 5)

I have 6 samsung 18650 batteries of 2200 mAh, I also have another 4 of 3500 mAh, maybe I use 6 or 8, I know it's crazy but yolo xD (image 3)

I want to power the wii with 4 or 6 batteries, in case of being 4, 2 would be only for ventilation, since a fan is used for gpu & cpu and the one assigned to the power source,.

s a sound amplifier I will use a PAM8403n module and two speakers from an old laptop, it sound nice (image 6 & 8)

I reassigned the u10 using a normal soldering iron, but I have enough practice (image 9, 10 & 11)

I still have to design the case, look for some battery protectors, a GC control, solder the WiFi & BT module, I must get a battery charger and a screen, for the screen I thought of the reverse screens that the cars use.

thanks to all...

especially to those who read my thread and contribute, I hope my work works for you.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Those regs won't work reliably if at all, and they're clearly a fire hazard. You should get some PTH08080s or a PMS from the BitBuilt store. As for the batteries, you mustn't mix cells of different capacities, it's not safe. Use either the 2200mAh cells or the 3400mAh cells, but not both together. Powering the fans off a separate pair of cells is pointless and wasteful, they don't pull enough current to warrant a separate power source. Just run the fans off the shared 3.3v or 5v lines.

Those regs won't work reliably if at all, and they're clearly a fire hazard. You should get some PTH08080s or a PMS from the BitBuilt store. As for the batteries, you mustn't mix cells of different capacities, it's not safe. Use either the 2200mAh cells or the 3400mAh cells, but not both together. Powering the fans off a separate pair of cells is pointless and wasteful, they don't pull enough current to warrant a separate power source. Just run the fans off the shared 3.3v or 5v lines.
yes it can get fired, but i made some test on it using my 3d printer thermistor, if u use it at 2 amps it reach the temperature of 45°C at 10 min, for that i'll use the fan dissipator, the pwr supply will be adding to it using thermal paste then making the same test at 2 amps the temparature get down to 20°C at 1 hour using the 4 at same time, now my new issue Is that i must replace the potentiometer using resistors for each pwr supply; i'v read about the battery be shure that i wuld'nt , maybe i use one or two only for the two fan, these fan must have a 5v pwr supply if i use It separaste from the other batteries
Tnks for comment :)

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
You're going to use a fan (and a rather large one at that) just for the regulators? How are those regulators even mounted on the fan? They look like they are just taped on. There is no way that will work well. Plus using 6-8 batteries with whatever battery solution you come up with, I doubt this project will be very "portable". You also mentioned that the regulators must be ran at 12V or greater. Therefore you must use either 4 or 8 batteries. I'm not really seeing it here man.

Also this is just begging for a short, put some heatshrink around those solder joints

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
yes it can get fired, but i made some test on it using my 3d printer thermistor, if u use it at 2 amps it reach the temperature of 45°C at 10 min, for that i'll use the fan dissipator, the pwr supply will be adding to it using thermal paste then making the same test at 2 amps the temparature get down to 20°C at 1 hour using the 4 at same time, now my new issue Is that i must replace the potentiometer using resistors for each pwr supply; i'v read about the battery be shure that i wuld'nt , maybe i use one or two only for the two fan, these fan must have a 5v pwr supply if i use It separaste from the other batteries
Tnks for comment :)
concern gru.jpg

You're going to use a fan (and a rather large one at that) just for the regulators? How are those regulators even mounted on the fan? They look like they are just taped on. There is no way that will work well. Plus using 6-8 batteries with whatever battery solution you come up with, I doubt this project will be very "portable". You also mentioned that the regulators must be ran at 12V or greater. Therefore you must use either 4 or 8 batteries. I'm not really seeing it here man.

Also this is just begging for a short, put some heatshrink around those solder joints
Hi, i use thermal paste on the central chip & Coil to glue it on the fan, the measure is height 1cm, widght 7cm & long 4cm, the coil that i use is thermal coil 22 & 25 gauge, the same that i been use on my 3d printer, it support 300°c (its what the coil says on it), yea i allready use kapton on the solder join, on this image i just was testing the fan, about batteries, maybe i use 4-6 It depends how i make my case design, tnks to comment

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Hahahahahahahaha i can't stop laughing dude xD
You can't use 6 batteries even if you wanted to. You said you just run at 12v, therefore you must use a 4s battery pack. Your batteries must be a multiple of four. Also your battery management will have to support a 4s pack. Again, another reason I think this is a terrible idea.

Hi dudes, as i promise will be updating the threat, for this time i made part of my wii-fu case design, i made only the elements to get a reference of measures; also i get a control board, must be two of it n will be connecte to the GC board, i put the new photos & files on the Dropbox folder, my design will be like g wii, cuz it get 4 batteries, i been studying the case design so maybe i make something similar.
regards
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u8ykmxhdgk2v0mh/AABJU2TxfUbBFHilreXKbPn_a?dl=0

Those are some of the worst resolution images I've ever seen. I suggest you use the in-site image uploader. In addition, people won't need to click a link to view your images.
I will try to get a better camera even if it is borrowed, now i have an old one...
regards

Hi dudes, as n update of my threat, i get a borrowed camera so tomorrow i'll replace al the pics un the DropBox link, also will update the case model dwg extension (AutoCAD), at the end i use 4 batteries like the G wii case; i test my board using the alternative regs, it works the video will be uploaded tomorrow as some files generated on my reserches about how use carfully the alternatives (you must use the modules that our bitbuild mentors recomend cuz you can crap your board); the next month is my last car payment, so i will be able to bought some cuality stuff from bb store.

Be safe, stay at home; regards