Worklog Lightning's PS2, years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
May I have link to where you got it?
I got mine on ebay, it was the only one they had... If you search for logic analyzers on ebay, just find some in your price range and look up reviews to see what ones are good and what ones are not. Also, make sure it's faster than the data lines so you don't lose data

clippy

What you're looking at is the IOP bus, (aka ssbus I believe) which sends data to DVD+BOOT rom, CD/DVD controller, and HDD/LAN controller as you said. SD0-15 being data lines, and SA0-26 being ADRESS lines (although only up to SA22 seems to be used, and that is connected to a pin that is labeled NC). So if you want to interface with the IOP these lines would be where to do it.

I would recommend checking out this post if you haven't, it's about getting a hdd to work on the scph 7900x, which is not a problem since you have a 7000x, but it contains some interesting discussion about this bus.
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f98/hdpro-clone-132869/
Unfortunately all the attachments seem to be gone, but you should get the general idea by looking at the 7000x schematic

Portables
@Lightning I use the Open Bench Logic Sniffer. It's an open source fpga based logic analyser. 32 channels (16 buffered), high sampling rate, usb powered. It can debug SPI, I2C and UART. One issue I have with it is that it doesn't have a continuous sampling mode. It reads the state of the input pins and stores the samples in internal ram. It then dumps the samples back to the computer client for analysis so the number of samples possible is limited by the RAM in the FPGA. At best you get a few milliseconds of sampling. Not ideal if you want to analyse data for a long period of time and if you want to sample parallel signals. It just costs 50$ though so it's an excellent bang for your buck if you don't want to spend a lot for a logic analyser. Just my two cents :D.
http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Open_Bench_Logic_Sniffer#Hardware

Saying 'thank you' for that link somehow doesn't seem sufficient. Seriously @clippy the information posted there has made a cluster fuck of information fall into line, I'm now confident enough to move forward this sub project bold as brass.

To that end I'm starting a new thread dedicated to the development of this device.

So I want to give my HDMI transmitter an on board I2C to USB connection, and I wanted to see if anyone has ever used a TINY45 as the bridge controller, I found this simple schematic:

Any thoughts?

schematic.gif

Also in case anyone is interested to know, the motherboard revision that only uses the single lid switch is date code 7D

Miggas

I don't why it shouldn't work, the attiny can output TTL level signals and in case its voltage is to high there's always the option to add a Logic level converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.