Discussion Has anyone used this 3.5 VGA screen?

Timo43

View attachment 10187 Saw this on AliExpress, I want it but it's a little pricey ($98 USD) but it claims to have a 640x 480 display 0_0 . Has anyone used this one before? or any opinions would be nice
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_5,searchweb201603_53
Imo vga isn’t that important on a screen that small. I think composite would be fine for 3.5”. But that’s just me. Seller has good reviews so I would think it would be 640x480.

Noah

retired
Portables
Imo vga isn’t that important on a screen that small. I think composite would be fine for 3.5”. But that’s just me. Seller has good reviews so I would think it would be 640x480.
Uh, if you haven't wired up a Wii to see the difference you shouldn't comment lol. The Wii outputs 480P over VGA so it would look miles better than composite, not to mention composite will look like a "smear" filter has been applied over top of the image.

Anyways, don't use this panel. It's got a 18-bit color depth so not all of the colors from a Wii would display correctly and may look washed out. There's a new panel that was just recently released that's IPS, 3.5" and has a 24-bit color depth so it would work much better with the Wii. I'm not sure off of the top of my head what the model number is, but if you see that other model number (PD035VX1) stay away, especially for that price.

Portables
Uh, if you haven't wired up a Wii to see the difference you shouldn't comment lol. The Wii outputs 480P over VGA so it would look miles better than composite, not to mention composite will look like a "smear" filter has been applied over top of the image.

Anyways, don't use this panel. It's got a 18-bit color depth so not all of the colors from a Wii would display correctly and may look washed out. There's a new panel that was just recently released that's IPS, 3.5" and has a 24-bit color depth so it would work much better with the Wii. I'm not sure off of the top of my head what the model number is, but if you see that other model number (PD035VX1) stay away, especially for that price.
thanks Noah, I’m glad you told me before I got it XD imma check out that IPS screen with the 24 bit color

Noah

retired
Portables
I believe this is the IPS screen you're referring to. It's also cheaper than the one linked by OP.
That's the one!

thanks Noah, I’m glad you told me before I got it XD imma check out that IPS screen with the 24 bit color
No problem, yeah that's not too bad for the set in terms of price (the link above) but if you look around you might be able to find it slightly cheaper.