Question Lol I'm stupid help me

(Please excuse my profanity)Ok so stupid as question buuuuttt... HOW THE FUCK DO I START?! IVE SEARCHED FOR EONS AND I CANT FIND A DEFINITIVE ANSWER TO HOW TO START MAKING A PORTABLE WII!!!. I know about about portabalize mii and all the usb and micro sd stuff (except for hooking up the display to the wii I would love some help on that) but if I could get like an actually good guide that doesn't have any conflicting info I would love that! People always say to check the bitbuilt forums and don't give any other info so I guess I'm doing what I need to do. Thanks anyone who can help.

I recommend checking out The Definitive Wii Trimming Guide. You will probably want to trim your Wii motherboard if you are going to make a portable. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-wii-trimming-guide.198/

I hope I could help. I new to this too, but I've been reading through the forums like there is no tomorrow before I do anything. Even if it's not a specific answer to your question, you can learn a lot of things from people's work logs and questions.

Thanks man one of the problem was in a lot of the videos and posts I was seeing there was a lot of different cuts and it was just really confusing

So I'm gonna be honest my situation is kind of... shitty to say the least, so let me list my entire arsenal of stuff, a Wii (duh), a display off of an old tcl laptop DVD player, tiny speakers and fans from Amazon, random wires from anywhere I could find them, soldering iron, general Samsung micro sd you can get at best buy, and that's it so I don't know if I have a good kit for this project or if I'm way out of my league.

Timo43

So I'm gonna be honest my situation is kind of... shitty to say the least, so let me list my entire arsenal of stuff, a Wii (duh), a display off of an old tcl laptop DVD player, tiny speakers and fans from Amazon, random wires from anywhere I could find them, soldering iron, general Samsung micro sd you can get at best buy, and that's it so I don't know if I have a good kit for this project or if I'm way out of my league.
Well, you are gonna need to buy some batteries, a pms or bms to protect your portable from battery stuff. Some different gauges of wire (not sure if you have all the gauges you need). A case of some sort, a micro sd to USB adapter, some buttons (like on a wii or GameCube control), tact buttons (what register and input of the buttons being pressed), and possibly a few other things like an audio amp, dremel (for trimming your wii), and depending on your screen size you may need a different one. However, MOST importantly, willingness to learn and time.

Ok for the case I was gonna do some custom modeling for a 3d print because I have a very specific vision, and I'm using buttons from my friends old 3ds. And as for the dremel I was just gonna use my friends circular saw, I thought it would work just the same. Again thanks a lot man this is gonna be a real help

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Ok for the case I was gonna do some custom modeling for a 3d print because I have a very specific vision, and I'm using buttons from my friends old 3ds. And as for the dremel I was just gonna use my friends circular saw, I thought it would work just the same. Again thanks a lot man this is gonna be a real help
Don't use a circular saw in place of a dremel. It'd be like trying to cut your dinner with a chainsaw, you'll nearly garanteed destroy what you're cutting. If your parts and tools situation is really that dire, personally I'd recommend re-evaluating how much you really want to attempt this. It's a long process with many bumps along the way, including a fair chunk of first time failures for relocations and regulator setups. You're going to have to replace busted parts, and it'll add up quickly. If you really do want to attempt building a portable, I'd look through some completed worklogs, note down what other people have used in their builds, and collate a full list of parts and tools and the prices for each. It may take you a while to afford/aquire everything, but you'll regret trying to rush it with shitty components later.