Worklog PS2 Laptop!

Portables
Hello!
Welcome to my PlayStation 2 laptop worklog, The reason behind this particular project is because of the PS2 model i have, SCPH-90004, It has a bigger motherboard than the usual 790001, Beside that, The Composite for some reason really shows a good picture and components cable doesnt work on it for some reason. anyways, the intended specs:
A random DVD player
6x Panasonic 18650 3400mAh (6 hours of gameplay)
PS2 SCPH-90004

Here's my progress so far

90E9C55F-FEEE-4202-B60F-32A1E49A779C.JPG

I intend to use:
Controller and memory card ports.(AV port gave me trouble so i used dremel..:oops:)
Internet port for SMB.
1 USB port.
IMG_8736.jpg

I de-soldered the unnecessary things.

IMG_8713.jpg

This is the laptop's case(I wont be using the DVD driver sry).

For the Laptop's motherboard:
IMG_8721.jpg

The motherboard has a built in Battery protection for 2S battery configuration, so ill be using 2s3p battery configuration for this project, however i fear that the charging rate is really low since the stock battery was only 1000mAh, i still havent tested the charging rate, but i might need to work on increasing that somehow... as, a bonus, this circuit has a nice batter indicator.

Other than that, ill make use of 1 USB port, Headphone jack, and the AV port to connect the ps2.

I opened the case and pretty much modified the case by cutting things and sanding it down, Here's a preview of how things should fit:
IMG_8735.jpg

Hope things go as planned

Attachments

Portables
Made some progress. I finished the battery pack with a 2s3p configuration:

IMG_8746.jpg

as well as modifying the case a bit more to fit everything in:

IMG_8747.jpg

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how the thing is going to turn on. I'm not sure how ill link these up without using 2 ON/OFF switches(1 for the motherboard and 1 for the ps2)(The battery will always be connected to the laptop's motherboard for charging, playing, etc..) as well as 1 tact switch for the reset button, a little bit of help here would be really nice.

I'm also trying to figure out where i can solder the tact switch on the motherboard to act as the reset button. If someone has any information regarding this motherboard, I'd appreciate it!

Last edited: