Solved Postloader and Save Game issues

Hello Everyone!
I am running into a few issues with postloader/my usb drive on a Wii I just installed PortablizeMii on. I am using the notably sketchy Samsung Fit Plus drive for this, so these problems might be attributable to that. If at all possible, I would like to stick to this usb drive, but I can order a regular Samsung Fit drive if necessary. Something also notable is that I have messed around with the PortablizeMii files on the usb, but only to change background png files and add games.

The main problems I am running into:
1. I get this error screen when I try to run Nintendont:

After a few seconds, it goes into an upside-down homebrew launcher, where I can launch Nintendont fine:

2. I see all my Wii games, but when I launch them, I get a similar error:

Afterwards, this also returns me to the upside-down homebrew launcher.

3. I can't create any save files:
In the Gamecube games I have managed to test, I get the "No memory card in slot A" message anytime I try to make a save file.

Absolutely any help is always appreciated!
Thanks,
Caleb J

Timo43

Unfortunately I can’t see the images but I have heard of homebrew being upside down. This is typically fixed by reinstalling homebrew or reinstalling everything again, I don’t know why this happens but that, in all the forums I’ve seen, has fixed it.

As for 2 and 3 maybe test the iso’s in dolphin if you can. That’s all I can suggest given I can’t see the images :-/

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Unfortunately I can’t see the images but I have heard of homebrew being upside down. This is typically fixed by reinstalling homebrew or reinstalling everything again, I don’t know why this happens but that, in all the forums I’ve seen, has fixed it.
This is wrong. The Homebrew channel being upside down is a normal part of PortablizeMii, there is no fix for it with PortablizeMii.

The Fit Plus should work well enough, so I'm not sure what's happening here. I'd recommend making sure your USB is formatted to FAT32 with 32kb clusters, and then wipe your drive and give it a fresh pack of PortablizeMii. I can't see the pictures you uploaded, but if you didn't change some of the images properly then the Wii may crash when trying to load them.

Sorry about the images. I totally missed the "Upload a File" button. I looked up the DSI errors and found that they might have something to do with the connection to homebrew servers. I don't think it's applicable here, as I have installed the nowifi IOSes and launching a game shouldn't be server-reliant, but I thought I'd mention it.
This is the error I get when running Wii games:
IMG_20191230_231359.jpg

And this is the error I get when running Nintendont:
IMG_20191230_223656.jpg

Thanks again

Edit (For Clarification):
- I tested all of the wbfs files and a few of my GC isos on my usb, they all work fine on dolphin
- The usb is formatted in FAT32, and in 32kb clusters, but I can move the files off and reformat again if necessary (Reformatted, and issues still present)
- Pictures were edited simply by replacing the default images with other images renamed to the same name as the default images, with the default images moved into a new folder on the usb.

Edit 2:
- DSI errors and inability to save still occurring after reformatting the usb and replacing with a new PortablizeMii pack

Last edited:
As it turns out, the DSI error was being caused because I was messing with the background video for postloader. If I deleted the files or the folder, I would get the error. If I left them alone, Nintendont and Wii games would run fine. Does anyone know of a way to disable the animated background of postloader and just have the static png background show instead? (I get that I could make a video of the static png and convert it to a .thp to replace the background files, but it seems like a lot of work)

When I tried launching Battalion Wars 2 (Wii), neek2o booter loaded, followed by the bottom half of the screen looking "glitchy." The screen then turned green, and then finally the game launched. I was able to create a save file on this Wii game, but still couldn't create a save file in wind waker due to the "no memory card in slot A" error.

Is this normal behavior for launching wii games, and does anyone know of a way to save to a pseudo "memory card" for GC games?

Thanks

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
As it turns out, the DSI error was being caused because I was messing with the background video for postloader. If I deleted the files or the folder, I would get the error. If I left them alone, Nintendont and Wii games would run fine. Does anyone know of a way to disable the animated background of postloader and just have the static png background show instead? (I get that I could make a video of the static png and convert it to a .thp to replace the background files, but it seems like a lot of work)

When I tried launching Battalion Wars 2 (Wii), neek2o booter loaded, followed by the bottom half of the screen looking "glitchy." The screen then turned green, and then finally the game launched. I was able to create a save file on this Wii game, but still couldn't create a save file in wind waker due to the "no memory card in slot A" error.

Is this normal behavior for launching wii games, and does anyone know of a way to save to a pseudo "memory card" for GC games?

Thanks
Can confirm, messing with Postloader theme files fucks shit up

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
neek2o booter loaded, followed by the bottom half of the screen looking "glitchy." The screen then turned green, and then finally the game launched.
Yep, that's normal.

As for the theme, you should be able to just delete all the thps but leave the folder to avoid a DSI (btw those errors just mean it crashed, it has nothing to do with servers or anything). If you want to make a new theme though, I'd suggest editing the existing images to make sure the formatting and size are correct, as it can crash if either are messed with. Also make sure to edit them in something that respects transparency and bit depths, something like GIMP, Paint.Net, or Photoshop would work