Secret Santa 2019 Gift Opening Thread

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
It's that time of the year again. If Santa saw fit to deliver your gift then post it here!

20191221_213715.jpg

I got a sign, but it seems that they misspelled "wah"? My giver is probably dyslexic or something.

10/10 gift, would mildly vandalize a street with it. Except whoever sent it wrote my name on the package as "I Love Wario" and if you don't reveal who you are then I WILL sent HackerBilly to your address with some disgusting foods and he will eat them in front of you until you apologize. This is your final warning.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
@Gman is crazy. He made me a whole new version of his Wii Micro for me, with type c PD and internal storage accessable through the USB port. It's got Bluetooth, MX chip, component/composite video, and all the bells and whistles I could want in a tiny package. He even included a Type C PD power supply and braided C-to-C cable.
20191219_122118.jpg

I love it!

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
@Gman is crazy. He made me a whole new version of his Wii Micro for me, with type c PD and internal storage accessable through the USB port. It's got Bluetooth, MX chip, component/composite video, and all the bells and whistles I could want in a tiny package. He even included a Type C PD power supply and braided C-to-C cable.
View attachment 9911

I love it!
Wow. Going to be hard to top that for a Kris Kringle lmao.

Timo43

It's that time of the year again. If Santa saw fit to deliver your gift then post it here!

View attachment 9909

I got a sign, but it seems that they misspelled "wah"? My giver is probably dyslexic or something.

10/10 gift, would mildly vandalize a street with it. Except whoever sent it wrote my name on the package as "I Love Wario" and if you don't reveal who you are then I WILL sent HackerBilly to your address with some disgusting foods and he will eat them in front of you until you apologize. This is your final warning.
Alright, whoever got this for GingerofOz you gotta tell me where you got this. (Or if you custom made it) I don’t just want this, I NEED this.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Alright, whoever got this for GingerofOz you gotta tell me where you got this. (Or if you custom made it) I don’t just want this, I NEED this.
I made it :D
It's an actual blank metal street sign from a manufacturer of street signs, and I made the letters using a vinyl cutter. Its the same process they use on real street signs. At one of my jobs they occasionally get paid to make these for events. The owner of the company was kind enough to supply me with a purple one she had onhand.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I got a DMG Gameboy Consolizer, a housing for the SD2SP2 gamecube adapter, and A FREAKING SAMUS CARTBOY.
20191224_183759.jpg

It has a DETACHABLE ARM CANNON (the helmet is also detachable, I just can't bring myself to take it off)
20191224_182747.jpg

Samusception:
20191224_182533.jpg

Thank you Santa, you rock!!!

nobble

Ohm-Ohm-Ohm! It's time to turn on the festive lighting and crack open a bottle of extension cord!

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves with the company of friends and family. :)

My secret Santa seemed to be a busy boi at school!

IMG_20191224_2213494~2.jpg

I got a ton of stickable memes and googly eyes, an orange Pi zero, a print of their mascot looking fiercer than the Wah!

IMG_20191224_2214054.jpg

And a DMG shell with a note saying they ran out of time turning it into a Flask dubbed the Boozeboy.

IMG_20191224_2214186.jpg

I will have to figure out a way to sneak large amounts of liquid courage into it. ;)

Thanks Santa, you know I need to relax more! <3

Attachments

Timo43

I made it :D
It's an actual blank metal street sign from a manufacturer of street signs, and I made the letters using a vinyl cutter. Its the same process they use on real street signs. At one of my jobs they occasionally get paid to make these for events. The owner of the company was kind enough to supply me with a purple one she had onhand.
Sweet! Sounds like fun! Might try that someday.

nobble

That cartridge label tho! Santa outdid himself with everyone this year!

MikaMaslak

PrankMaster 2022
Portables
Santa got me me a wallet and a neat pair of cappy socks. Idk how santa knew I needed a new wallet and that I always wear crazy socks to work but I guess the movies don't lie that he knows all.

Noah

retired
Portables
So I had been out of town when my gift was delivered and unfortunately didn't get to open in until after the holidays as I was traveling quite a bit, however now that I've had time to open it and (totally didn't forget to post it) take some smexy pics, here's what I received from Santa!

Not sure what kind of naughty elves sent me this wrapping paper but DISAPPROVE (for those who are unacquainted, there was a time on MR when there were some bronies... Palmer, Mario, maybe more? can't remember, but my Santa and I were around at the same time so I'm assuming this is some kind of joke, like cheese installer.)
IMG_0525.jpeg

Aww yeah. Now I'm ready to totally win at smash!
IMG_0527.jpeg

BEADBUILT
IMG_0528.jpeg

Now this is portablizing!
IMG_0529.jpeg

And finally, I've saved what in my opinion is the best gift for last!
IMG_0530.jpeg

A beautifully hand decorated picture of all of us at MGC 2019. This is one of those keep for life presents.

Thanks a bunch Santa, you rock!!