Worklog wiiasy

Hello everybody
I apologize for my bad English

This is my first project of a portable wii.
I was undecided whether to call it wiiasy or simplywii, in the end I chose wiiasy.
Wiiasy because it is a project born to be as simple and easy as possible.
Starting from the design of the case which is very simple.

I tried to avoid screws, it fits perfectly, even if I have to study a more secure external fixing system, I thought to do it with staples, but I'll think about it later.

The choice of components was also made to simplify the project.
Battery charger for 18650 I used this::
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07GKWBG3J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One touch to turn on and two to turn off, this charger also has a LED that is activated by holding down the button for 10 seconds, which I would like to use for the sensor bar.
it is still in the testing phase but so far it has not given any problems

6.2 inch vga display
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/33018398993.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7a684c4dOl3N9F

For me 7 "too big and 5" too small.

Usb a sd kingston
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0028R3NCU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The heatsink taken from an old motherboard,
fan and speakers from a netbook.
For the analogs I chose those of the classic controller for wii
I printed the rest of the buttons.

I have a compatible gamecube controller but it gives me a lot of problems, so I'm looking for an original one at acceptable prices.
I would also like to add a wavebird receiver for the second player.

Now I'm trying to make the VGA mod work which for some reason doesn't want to work.
I will certainly forget something but I will update it later

Thanks to all the bitbuilt community you are fantastic
a special greeting to Aurelio

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Very nice work there m8.

A GC+ from the BitBuilt store is much cheaper and easier to install than a genuine Gamecube controller, I recommend getting one.

Very nice work there m8.

A GC+ from the BitBuilt store is much cheaper and easier to install than a genuine Gamecube controller, I recommend getting one.
true it is cheap, I will certainly buy it.
thanks

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Please upload the photos using BitBuilts file uploader. Having the photos hosted on-site helps with preservation and archiving. See: (any forum from 5+ years ago that used tinypic, Photobucket, ect.)

Please upload the photos using BitBuilts file uploader. Having the photos hosted on-site helps with preservation and archiving. See: (any forum from 5+ years ago that used tinypic, Photobucket, ect.)
I'll do it as soon as possible
thanks

Last edited:
update:
after several failures in making the mod vga work I decided to take another wii, I also replaced the AVE but without success.
I'm waiting for it to arrive.

done
I hope I did well ...
thanks

I apologize for not having updated the worklog, between family and work it is difficult to find time to devote to the project.
Anyway two weeks ago I started the works, I cut the card, transferred u10 and bluetooth, in the following days I made the rest of the connections and applied the vga patch and with immense joy everything worked ...

Now I have to order a GC+, do you think it is back in stock?

Obviously not everything went well
1) I have background noise from the speakers, instead connecting the amplifier to an external power supply no noise.
2) I can't load and play, I get a blue screen, strange because the tensions remain unchanged.
3) occasionally wii and gamecube games restart the loader, emulators no problem.
4) I have to repaint the cases, during the works I ruined it.
5) very light interference on video, the shielding must be connected to ground?

This project amused me a lot, when I finish I will definitely do a second wii but with more attention to detail, for example building the case with the minds of the wires and absolutely using a PMS.

thank you all

Attachments

I solved two problems.
I no longer have video interference, it was enough to connect both ends of the shield on the ground.
Now the wii and gamecube games work without interruption, I just formatted the sd.
Now I only have the problem of background noise on the speakers, I understand that it comes from the power supply but I have no idea how to solve it.
If anyone can advise me I would be happy.

Portables
Have you tried twisting the audio lines?
Like the ones that run from the Wii towards the audio amp

Yes sure.
the problem occurs if I use the same wii power supply and display, with external power supply I have no noise.

Portables
Yes sure.
the problem occurs if I use the same wii power supply and display, with external power supply I have no noise.
How did you twist them? And use the external power supply than?

How did you twist them? And use the external power supply than?
I twisted them using a drill.
I'll explain ...
powering the amplifier with the portable Wii batteries I have noise, however if I use external batteries the sound is clear ...

Portables
I twisted them using a drill.
I'll explain ...
powering the amplifier with the portable Wii batteries I have noise, however if I use external batteries the sound is clear ...
My guess would be that it's ground looping, so when you use external batteries you have a different source of ground so it isn't ground looping, but I am not an expert, so I could be completely wrong, maybe someone with more experience could help

My guess would be that it's ground looping, so when you use external batteries you have a different source of ground so it isn't ground looping, but I am not an expert, so I could be completely wrong, maybe someone with more experience could help
if the ground loop is the case, how do i solve it? can I do some tests to confirm it?
thank you for your time.

Portables
if the ground loop is the case, how do i solve it? can I do some tests to confirm it?
thank you for your time.
got a picture of how the audio is connected?