Question Wiring check

Portables
Ok, please someone/anyone check my wiring, I literally can not afford to buy another WiiPms XD
If I connect the battery to the board and power the screen separately, will it work or will it explode?
check it:
upload_2019-11-27_23-33-18.jpeg

(The magnet wire is connected to the gpu pin on the back)

Last edited:

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Well there are ways you can check all of this with little to no risk

1. Hook up the battery holder to the PMS without anything connected to the PMS. At this point you can use a multimeter to verify there are no shorts on the battery terminals or outputs (which shouldn't be the case since each PMS is tested before they are sent out).

2. Plug the battery in and verify all the output voltages are correct (again this should be the case since all PMSes are tested).

3. With the battery disconnected, hook up the PMS to the Wii. Use a multimeter to ensure there are no shorts between the voltage rails and ground. If there are then you know it's on the Wii, sand more and test again.

3.When there are no shorts, plug the battery in again. If you've done all the previous tests this should be of no risk.

Portables
Well there are ways you can check all of this with little to no risk

1. Hook up the battery holder to the PMS without anything connected to the PMS. At this point you can use a multimeter to verify there are no shorts on the battery terminals or outputs (which shouldn't be the case since each PMS is tested before they are sent out).

2. Plug the battery in and verify all the output voltages are correct (again this should be the case since all PMSes are tested).

3. With the battery disconnected, hook up the PMS to the Wii. Use a multimeter to ensure there are no shorts between the voltage rails and ground. If there are then you know it's on the Wii, sand more and test again.

3.When there are no shorts, plug the battery in again. If you've done all the previous tests this should be of no risk.
thanks! You’re a legend :D

Portables
Ok I have a problem, I check the voltages:
5v outputs 5v
3.3v outputs 3.3v
1.5v outputs 1.5v

Here’s the problem:
1v outputs 3v??
1.15v outputs 3v???