Question Same voltage in input and output on a pms

Hey,

I just ordered a PMS form my portable WII.
It is that one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948772265.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.3c021e5aBZaQtd
When I just have the battery connected, I get the same voltage as the batteries(7.2V).
However when I put 12v on the input I got 12v on the output. The charging light is also lit. It won't be a problem for my regulators,
but it might be bad for the batteries if they have that much tension, even if I would maybe know if that was the case. If I unsolder the battery, I have 0.5V more on the output, so I guess it's doing something.
Do you know if it's a common and solvable problem?

Emetsys

edit: I guess it's the wrong section, but I don't know how to delete it to remake it in the right one

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
That board connects the input voltage directly to the output voltage when a charger is connected. It is not connecting 12V straight to the batteries, so no need to worry. The reason you are getting more voltage on the output when the batteries are disconnected is because that board uses a diode to avoid shorting the battery output to the charger input voltage. Diodes cause a voltage drop so that behavior is completely normal. Also I have moved your thread for you.

Thank you for your answer!
So I do not have to wait another 3 months.