Discussion MY first wii portable(SWii)

Hello this is my first time portablizing so I have some questions.first I'm wondering if I've done everything correct so far,I first installed portablizemii on my 4 layer wii and then I trimmed it(I'll put a picture below)and then I relocated the U10 and got the custom regulators(pth08080)next I need to wire it and I'll leave the info I've gathered on how to wire it but I still only have a vague idea on how.

Attachments

Last edited:

Koboid

According to the guide, you must apply the necessary voltage as indicated. Simply if there is no convenient spot to solder, you should scratch the motherboard and solder directly to the copper plane, as long as it is in the colored area.

this is all I know
in terms of materials and where to wire it.Thanks you helped alot

Attachments

Last edited:
Since this is my first ever portable I'm basing my first model after the louii since it has the 3D printer files and parts list(also I don't have a 3D printer and 3D printing something of my own would be to expensive so I couldn't make mistake)
also would this be a good audio amp(Aurelio's amp is not available)
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/Wy4lnqzu

Last edited:

xsping

Hello this is my first time portablizing so I have some questions.first I'm wondering if I've done everything correct so far,I first installed portablizemii on my 6 layer wii(I know 4 layer is better but I'm a teenager and can't afford most of the ones I found)and then I trimmed it(I'll put a picture below)and then I relocated the U10 and got the custom regulators(pth08080)next I need to wire it and I'll leave the info I've gathered on how to wire it but I still only have a vague idea on how.
what you trimed is 4 layer wii

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Really! I just assumed it was a 6 layer since their more common and it didn't seem like the people I bought it from had it for a long time
That's why the trimming guide links to the Revision Identification Guide that tells you how to check the type via the model number on the board under the RTC battery compartment. Your trim is still good, though. It's a bit bigger than it needs to be, but that's actually good for a first timer. Gives you more leeway for sanding.

You'll want to get rid of that inductor you cut around before you try to boot it btw, it's not good to leave it there.

Thanks a lot! And I'll try to update the document link so that no permission is needed
and I just checked and it's 100% a 4 layer board(CPU-40)thanks for the help
(I also updated the thread to say so)

Last edited:
You'll want to get rid of that inductor you cut around before you try to boot it btw, it's not good to leave it there.[/QUOTE]

The inducer is the black thing rIght,and how should I remove it

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
upload_2019-10-18_13-32-13.png

That bit there. If you don't have a hot air station to blow it off, you can use some pliers or wire cutters to carefully cut it to bits until it's just the solder pads left. Otherwise, use your dremel to carefully chop it up.

got it,I probably have to use pliers since I have a hot air station or dremel(I think)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
How did you trim the board if you don't have a dremel? A different branded rotary tool?