Solved Digispark or ardruino pro mini PS2 Portable

hello everyone, i am noob and i start my first PS2 Portable, after browsing around the forums i make some noob and easy picture schematic and i have something i don't know how to connect, it's digispark and ardruino pro mini, i know i must use only one of them, the digispark or ardruino pro mini.
so i have same question :
1. if i use the digispark, where i must connect the "8.4v output", negative or positive? output battery or in ps2 board?
2. if i use the ardruino pro mini, where i put the "battery 8.4v" output, negative or positive? and where i must connect the "boot plate" from ardruino pro mini, do i must connect it to the GND or the RESET pin on PS2 Board?
3. when i browse the forum i found PTH08080W do i need this for my portable ps2 with the schema i build?

it's very confusing to me because the line to Output 8.4v from digispark and ardruino pro mini is conected to GND pin, if this Output 8.4v connect to positive why it's connect to GND pin on the digispark or ardruino pro mini,it's does not make any sense to me, better ask than sorry, i know this is very2 noob, so please bear with me ok >.<.
thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Arceus

Hello, Kingkong! ¡Welcome to BitBuilt!

You could simplify all the work of using a Digispark by simply using this low battery diagram.

low batt (1).png

All credits of this diagram to Daftmike and Mario.

If your PS2 is an SCPH-79001 you have the possibility to trim it. But if you do not have experience with a dremel or do not have much ability to solder specific points, you can simply trim the motherboard (or directly not trim it) in the form of the tutorial you suggest you are following.

But, be careful, do not charge the batteries with the 8.5v source indicated in the video or your batteries could be damaged and eventualy... BOOM. To charge them you must charge them with a smart charger, or an external wall charger.

And also, that diagram of four batteries and putting two batteries in parallel in a single BMS of 2S ... contributes to what I described above. You can use a 4S BMS and connect the 4 batteries in series, since they perform the same, and it is safer. Security against batteries is not a joke.

To start your project I would recommend you go through these different guides that will help you a lot.

The Definitive PS2 Trimming Guide
(Whether you want to cut the motherboard or not, here you have important information when wiring certain things such as USB, or AV.)

Portables and Batteries: A Guide and Explanation
Important information about the use of 18650 lithium batteries and their use and proper charging.

Running Screens Off Lower Voltages
A guide to operate your screen at a lower voltage and make the game time longer, and organize your regulators.

Custom regulators, an explanation and guide
You can find some really good info about the voltage regulation

and finally the best guide off all BitBuilt.

The Definitive PS2 Pinout Guide
A small guide explaining the operation and importance of each pinout of the PS2. Written by ME, THE POKEGOD, ARCEUS.

Well, I hope it helps. Good luck with your project, and don't be afraid to ask, just don't ask yourself things you could find by taking five minutes on google. Luck!

WOW that's very detailed answer Arceus, after read it i guess i will start my project with making the proper Battery pack first and than Screen, and for the first time i will not trim my ps2 to try it on, then after that i will try to trim it, and i have the 79006 ps2. thanks for the super answer Arceus