Solved Portablizemii slow

After acquiring all the parts needed, I started my portable Wii project.

4 layer board with the omgwtf trim with Powermii regulators.

The board powers up, and boots fine. But the boot splash screen and the portablizemii menu runs a little sluggish. Not so much in boot speeds, but in animations.
It was fine before the trim.

I've yet to try booting any games to test those speeds, as there's still more work to be done first (audio, VGA mod, etc)

xsping

Same thing happened on one of my trim,very slow when booting wii games,and the resistance 1.15v was relatively lower,only 28ohms, i suspected it is caused by some dust went under gpu when trimming

Hmm.. I was very sure to seal the inside of my trim with masking tape to prevent that from happening.

Ill dig out the old multimeter and check the voltage and resistances. Now you mention it, I have a feeling it could may well be the temporary connecters I have wired up creating too much resistance. Ill post my results when I can

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Have you checked that GC controllers work? You might have messed up with the u10 relocation

I'm Yet to wire up a GC controller, as I'm not gonna be using a GC+.

I using the U9, as the U10 broke a leg due to sneezing .

What I find strange, is the troubleshooting guide recommends that if you use the U9, you should bridge the pads (non ground side), but it doesn't say to do that anywhere else, and I've read its the exact same transistor.

Maybe there's where I'm going wrong?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I'm Yet to wire up a GC controller, as I'm not gonna be using a GC+.

I using the U9, as the U10 broke a leg due to sneezing .

What I find strange, is the troubleshooting guide recommends that if you use the U9, you should bridge the pads (non ground side), but it doesn't say to do that anywhere else, and I've read its the exact same transistor.

Maybe there's where I'm going wrong?
No, you have to bridge the pads on the U9 footprint if you remove it and you haven't trimmed yet. You have already trimmed and therefore you don't have the U9 footprint anymore. You do not have to short them on the IC. Actually chances are you could have damaged U9 by shorting its pads

Resolved the issue!

Removed the bridge from the pads from the U5 footprint, resoldered the U9. But the biggest overlooked mistake i corrected was adding a ground wire attaching to the board.

Boot speeds and animations are perfect now

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Resolved the issue!

Removed the bridge from the pads from the U5 footprint, resoldered the U9. But the biggest overlooked mistake i corrected was adding a ground wire attaching to the board.

Boot speeds and animations are perfect now
Perfect, now stop sneezing on your trim :P

I was moving computers and accidentally didn't copy over the USB info that the Wii needs to run in portablizemii so it got deleted and I already trimmed the Wii so I don't have the mac address.Is it possible to re-download portablizemii USB files without mac address?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I was moving computers and accidentally didn't copy over the USB info that the Wii needs to run in portablizemii so it got deleted and I already trimmed the Wii so I don't have the mac address.Is it possible to re-download portablizemii USB files without mac address?
The mac address is required only by letterbomb. You can simply put all zeros if you only need the usb files

xsping

friend,pls first try and then ask. The mac address is only used to jailbreak the wii and nothing to do with portablizemii

sorry I haven't wired the Wii to the custom regulators yet so I don't even know if the trim is good thanks(and this is my first attempt at a portable)

Last edited: