Worklog PS2Go

Portables
Update:

Dammit Borderlands 3. Why did you have to release while I am trying to finish my PS2GO?

Uploading some pics of the first and second layers of paint.

The first layer revealed that the paint did not have enough viscosity to fill in some of the first layer defects caused by my print bed having a damn .3 mm hump in a place that makes it impossible to calibrate out. It causes the first layer to look like it is over-extruding in some areas and under-extruding in others.

First layer:
D19D23F0-D391-438B-9216-93B4ECD57671.jpeg

On the bottom half you can see where it looks like there are gouges in the paint or plastic. That is the defect caused by the print bed.

Second layer:
200E7650-F888-406C-9F33-F97507503D7A.jpeg

I sanded the first layer and used contour putty to fill in the defects where they appeared then used a razor to scrape the excess from the surface leaving a nice smooth face to paint. When this layer is dry (tomorrow or Sunday) I’m gonna sand it again with 1000 grit to remove the excess paint/drips in certain places and then do some detail/trim work with a brush.

Gotta finish this portable before October 11th so I don’t have to pack it into boxes in pieces before I move and start my new job.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Love the design! Can’t wait to see this boy working

Portables
Working on the clear coat... have to sand it back down and reapply to fix the craters/pinholes. Don’t know what caused it this time but I noticed it while I was still spraying it on and couldn’t get them to fill in before it had dried too much to correct.

I’ll be sure to clean it with soap and water and then do an isopropyl wipe after I sand it so I don’t have to do this again. This was the second clear coat so painting would have been done if not for the craters.

65D6A4D8-5404-4E81-911D-2984472CCA7E.jpeg E027ED04-2210-4654-AB06-01610DAFBEE3.jpeg

Portables
Update:

Well, s**t. I have run out of available free time to work on this until after I move. The current state is only slightly further than my previous post. Had to sand down the clear coat and repaint the case because I took too much off in a few areas. I began combining all the components last night but only made it through connecting the Memory cards and controller. Fitting everything in the case is going to be a god level tetris exercise even though there is "plenty" of open space around the batteries. May do a redesign of parts of the case while I don't have a workbench to make everything fit a little better.

I'm gonna box it all up and continue with it in a few weeks after I get settled at my new location and job.

Time for packing and sorting.