Generic PS2 Laptop (I haven't named it yet)

I picked up a $5 dvd Player from a thrift store today for a possible PI project. It had video in/out, so I was pretty pumped. I disassembled it and started testing where I could draw power for my PI. I found a spot that gave me 8.2v, So I decided to hook up a PS2. Everything worked fine, but I'll see how it works once I put a PI in there for SMB. The PS2 motherboard will need to be trimmed and the case modified to accommodate the new hardware.
I plan on keeping all of the controller and memory card ports and frankencasing part of the PS2 case to the dvd case.
I still need to hunt down some batteries for the dvd player.

Arceus

It looks great, man! Loading games by SMB sounds great, so you maintain a much faster speed than when loading it by FMC. Even so that disk space looks very tempting ... I like it!

What you say about the batteries, with four 18650 batteries (2P, 2S = 7.8V), you could power the console normally, and use the 'Charge And Play' system that goes around here and in ModRetro. You can also use the CAPU (Charge And Play Uninterrupted) system. Remember to use a BMS/ PCM to protect the batteries

Shank CAPU diagram
Screenshot_2019-09-03-14-43-18-1.png

CrashBash diagram
Screenshot_2019-09-03-20-39-05-1.png

Last edited:
Heck yeah! Thanks, Arceus. Im definatly going to look into this. I looked at the battery for the system and it does not do charge and play. I just got the SMB running and it is fantastic. I'll post for pics tomorrow.