Question My first Wii portable: Screen question

Portables
Hi! I'm Janikus and I'm completely new to console modding and, therefore, completely new to Wii portablizing (and also new to electronics pretty much). I have been researching for a while, but I find my self never realy starting. I have already bought a wii, which I strongly think it's a 6 layer wii (I have followed the instructions on the official Revision Identification Guide). However, when it comes to other components, I have lots of questions. Once I have the main components I will open a Worklog thread.

As I have seen, a 5" screen would be good for what I'm planning to do. However, I suppose that not all screens will work, and I wanted to know what type of screen it should be. I have seen people on the forum recommending 'car backup screens' but I'm again not sure about what features it should have.

Thanks beforehand :D
I appreciate a lot this forum and, although I'm still very newbie, I have learnt lots from some thread.

Jerd

Hi! I'm Janikus and I'm completely new to console modding and, therefore, completely new to Wii portablizing (and also new to electronics pretty much). I have been researching for a while, but I find my self never realy starting. I have already bought a wii, which I strongly think it's a 6 layer wii (I have followed the instructions on the official Revision Identification Guide). However, when it comes to other components, I have lots of questions. Once I have the main components I will open a Worklog thread.

As I have seen, a 5" screen would be good for what I'm planning to do. However, I suppose that not all screens will work, and I wanted to know what type of screen it should be. I have seen people on the forum recommending 'car backup screens' but I'm again not sure about what features it should have.

Thanks beforehand :D
I appreciate a lot this forum and, although I'm still very newbie, I have learnt lots from some thread.
I'm brand new to this as well. Being on here for a few months, I've learned a thing or two. So take my advice with a grain of salt.

Gman has compiled a list of materials that people frequently use for building portables.
https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/portablizing-bom.367/
You'll be able to find most things you might need here.

Also, While it is possible to use a 6 layer board for portablizing, I would reccommend that you get a 4 layer board. They use way less power and generate way less heat. Also having only 4 layers makes it less likely to have problems with shorting after cutting the board. You can find them for cheap on ebay. Just search for a black wii with a broken disk drive.

Hope this helps!