BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello, I don’t have any other accounts on modding forums. I joined BitBuilt as it seemed like a nice place for the modding community, to discuss and share. I’ve never done a hard mod before, only some Wii softmodding and homebrew, but I plan on doing a GameCube Portable as my first. I’ve seen on the forum that Wiis are easier to do, but as a High School Student, who doesn’t have a steady income, I would rather use my Gamecube, as I would like to keep my Wii, for home use.
I was planning to make a GC portable too (well, I actually started it, but life got in the way) - after coming back and seeing all the developments in hacking the Wii, I now think it's a better choice - even if you are only planning on running GC games on it - not least because it doesn't require an optical drive emulator (which are now practically unobtainable) for portable operation.

It's also quite possible that someone you know has a Wii (often with a bad optical drive) stuck in a closet somewhere that they would give you if you asked nicely.

Hi everyone, I've been a lurker for a few months and decided it was finally time to make an account on here. Currently I'm working on a few rpi0 projects that I want to get finished up before I start a new project. I had planned on moving up from rpi0 to a rpi3 (or 4 after that came out) but when I found that portablizing a Wii is possible, and the Wii is way more powerful than an rpi, i decided that will be my next project instead.
I also have about 4 years experience with 3d modelling and 2 years with 3d printers.

hello thanks for welcoming me in this community i'm a nobato
without electronic knowledge thanks to you I built a ps2 and I have another one on the way

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I've been interested in doing a portable for years but have never gotten to it. I've been reading up on the information posted on these forums about wii portables and hope to start my own soon.

Hey Everyone! I've been a long time lurker, trying to gather as much info as possible and I'm eager to begin this journey into the unknown.

MiL0

Hi everyone! I'm not interested in making a portable but I would love to have a Wii setup that doesn't require a wiimote. This looks perfect!

A fellow previous lurker here, how long before I'm able to post in the Sony threads and such? I'm not quite sure where else to ask.

Taisei

Hi I've seen a few videos about portables on Youtube and as directed to here. I have no skills in this sort of stuff but want to learn to make a ps2 portable.

Hello everyone, I found this place thanks to Shank's youtube videos. I'm currently working on building a custom 3D Printer, and then I will be making a Wii portable to run games from Wii and older consoles. I'm getting another Wii tomorrow (the one I have right now is a rev 01 6-layer) and will be starting with the soft modding while I build the printer.

Atlas

Well, hi everyone. c: Since I'm posting here, you probably can guess I'm new to the modding scene. I have an idea for a Wii/Gamecube portable that I want to some research on, so any help is welcome!

Hello! Greatly appreciate the depth of knowledge, activity, and intelligence of the community here. Excited to learn and build from you all.

Hello! I'm new to the portablizing scene. I was drawn here after seeing a YouTube video of Shank's PiiWii Pocket. I've spent about a week so far losing myself in these forums and have been just enamored with the simple yet thorough nature of all the guides I've seen so far! While I have more than a few years of experience in both CAD modeling and 3D printing, I find myself learning something fun and useful every day I'm here, and I'm loving it. I look forward to putting my mind to the creative task of building a portable while participating in this wonderful community.

Hello! I have never even attempted to portabilize anything, but I figured I'm ready to give it a go. I am currently working on a breakout board for a Switch joystick. I have quite a bit of experience in 3d printing and even more in electronics. I'm excited to see where the portablizing game takes me!