BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Jerd

Hey all, new to bitbuilt. Loved the work I saw here. Hoping to get into this portablizing bidness. <3

Just stopping by to introduce myself! I'm Matt and I've had an interest in portablizing my N64 for years, but finally am starting to do the necessary research. I'm so glad to find a dedicated forum that can help me out!

Hello everybody my name is Abdelrahman I'm from Egypt and my favorite console is the Playstation 2.
I really love this community and I'm looking forward to most of the projects here in this site.
Cheers!

Piotr

Greatings from Poland!
My name is Peter and i have been folowing this amazing site for 1.5 year or so and finally decide to join this community.Don't be mad if i make any mistake in posts, my english is a bit rusty:D

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Hi Peter/Piotr! I wouldn't worry about your English. From this post alone you appear to have pretty good written English. Besides, some of the non-native speakers on here have better written English than some of the native speakers!

Ciao a tutti! I'm Michele from Italy and I'm 17. Yup, same country as fellow Aurelio who has been doing so much for the portablizing community and the scene as a whole! I've been lurking for a while now but I finally decided to sign up (after rocking the Arcade section and becoming the champion of Asteroids yesterday) Thinking about taking on the task of building a portable Wii. See you around folks!

DartWolf here!

Been interested in console modding ever since I saw a few portable wii's and N64s floating around. After I got my feet wet by modifying a GBA with parts from RetroModding I decided it would be a good time to join and start planning out future projects with advice from experts. Hopefully I'll build some of my own portables and modded consols in the future.

Portables
Hi everybody! New-ish to the forum, but have been a long time modder. I was really heavily embedded in the PSP hacking/modding scene when the PSP was still a brand new console, but I have been out of practice for several years. I have begun working on a PS2 Portable because I want to play PS2 games while I travel for work without having to carry around a load of extra stuff... also because hotels suck and are not really setup well for enjoying gaming unless laying on the bed.

Hi people - I decided to restart my long dormant GC modding project, and then saw all the stuff about using a Wii motherboard instead - the more I thought about it, the more it looked like a much better idea. Unfortunately, most of my Wiis are the old power-hungry 6-layer RVL-CPU-01 variant, but I guess they are fine for practice.

Hiya, I saw a YT vid on the portable Wii and followed the bread crumbs here. Super cool projects.

Vigil

Portables
Hey all,

New to portables as a whole but have lots of solder, tool and programming experience. I'm excited to get started on my first project.

Hello, I don’t have any other accounts on modding forums. I joined BitBuilt as it seemed like a nice place for the modding community, to discuss and share. I’ve never done a hard mod before, only some Wii softmodding and homebrew, but I plan on doing a GameCube Portable as my first. I’ve seen on the forum that Wiis are easier to do, but as a High School Student, who doesn’t have a steady income, I would rather use my Gamecube, as I would like to keep my Wii, for home use.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
as a High School Student, who doesn’t have a steady income, I would rather use my Gamecube, as I would like to keep my Wii, for home use.
It would probably be best to buy another Wii to use then, as you'll end up spending more money in the long run if you use a gamecube instead of a wii. You'll also most likely be doing lots of waiting for more money or parts if you don't have a steady income of some kind

Hi, I'm the Cornmaster, I've just started my console modding journey as of July 17th, 2019, and I plan to eventually create my own portable console I don't have any other accounts on other modding forums, and I came here because of Shank Mods. I've also only softmodded a 3ds and don't have a steady source of income, seeing as how I'm a highschool student