Question I need help with ps2 c-sync mod for VGA use.

I have been trying for a long time to find a way to hook up my Playstation 2 to my LCD monitor.
I've used the LM1881 circuit, but it didn't work due to the fact that it outputs c-sync instead of RGBHV.
Then one day I found this thread:
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60996
that disables sync on green by removing Resistor 8299 (Slim model in my case).
I have made a buffer circuit with VGA output:

So my problem is that I have an SCPH-77004 Ps2 (GH-052-51 motherboard revision)
and I cannot find any service manual online or any data sheet for the DAC,
but I found a pinout diagram for the CXM4015R here in this forums ps2 diagram
(note that the H and V sync in this picture are inputs not outputs from DAC):
What I want are the location of R8299 and H & V sync pads on my board here are some pictures of my motherboard.

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Hi,

i don't really understand what your problem is, but make sure your monitor supports the interlaced / 15khz VGA signal of the ps2 (most don't)..

I guess the H/V pins should be the same on your board, as on the 79xxx - it seems to be the pretty much the same chip.

Nold, I already know the pin out of of the DAC but I don't wanna solder to the pins because I want to avoid any damage or bridging as much as possible what I want is the location of the pads CL8211 and CL8212 aswell as R8299 but I cannot trace them because my multimeter leads are very big and I don't have an oscillator. I am going to use GSM VGA modes for 31 khz.

I have found this image online for the sync pads for a certain model and I would like if somebody tell me what the model is .
The capacitors organization is different than mine as well as many holes and pads but the locations of the clock battery and the EE\GS processor are the same. maybe this can help me but still i didn't manage to find anything, If anybody have the same model as mine locating those pads and marking them on my images would be very helpful.

Or if you can't find the problem, just buy a PS2 to VGA, disarm it and you got it.

NahuelFlores
What to you mean by PS2 to VGA?
Do you mean the linux kit cable or a component to VGA converter (GBS-8200)?
Either way I can't get them because they are not available in my country, it is impossible to import one, my monitor doesn't support sync on green and GBS-8200 Image quality is bad.

buy a ps2 to hdmi then hdmi to vga. im using this for my ps2.
it has good quality.
and its cheap.

Yes, it does.

I think Lightning also did an integrated VGA that grabs everything on he board for progressive signal but I’ve been out of the community for a while and am struggling to find it.