Question Is this battery scheme well structured?

Hello! As you saw in the title, I need help with this battery scheme. I need you to confirm your is well structured. To consider; each battery of the following scheme will be in an individual battery compartment. The batteries will be charged with a specific battery charger, so you will have to remove the batteries and charge them outside the console. (Hence the concept of using battery holders)

AH! And I need you to tell me; the cables that connect directly to the console, would go in the ac dc port of all life?

Thanks everyone for your collaboration!

IMG_20190612_175510.jpg

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
The DC port of all life sounds like a cult I'd like to join.

I have no clue what that means.

haha, sorry, language barrier...

The ac dc in port, of the scph 90010

20190615_142406.jpg
This one. The wiring from the regulator goes on this pines? Remember, its a scph-90010.

That's the one that have the internal power supply so... you can't plug the cables in there, I guess you'll have to take out the psu and connect your wires to the pins on the motherboard (the power supply outputs 1 voltage not all of them iirc) check with a multimeter the voltage that the power supply outputs

So exactly where do I connect it? Because the motherboard has an internal connector where the source goes. There are four cables and they are plugged with a special connector. If from those two cables I extend another two more (two negative and two positive in total) and connect it there, will it work? Thanks for answering.

Just out of curiosity why are you planning on having that much voltage? The ps2 will work well with lower voltages, without any or much modifications. Using 2 batteries in series will be cheaper and work well. Or maybe having 4, 2 batteries parallel packs and then in series will give better working times. Having an extra regulator there when you can work with lower voltages = waste of power.

Anyways, the psu itself already points out which are positive and which are negative points on the board, but anyway, here goes a picture from one of my projects:
20190621_135411.jpg

Edit: Btw I'm not suggesting those two top pads are positive, they may be. Just pointing out that the two pins above it are positive.

I don't know if I understood correctly, does this answer your question? You can connect only one of those for it to work, i connected all 4 because 2 of them are in fact going to power the VGA screen.
I removed the original connectors and made a custom jst connector for it, but soldering them directly to the board will work just fine.

Last edited:
It's the same motherboard? It's the SCPH-90010??

1: Can I power the PS2 if I connect the entire battery circuit with the SATA connector to the internal source sata port?

2: Feed enough? It will work?

Anyways, it just soldering the four cables (2+ 2-) directly to the board right? You just removed the sata conector, right?

If yes, it helps a lot, tanks.

No man that's not a sata connection from the psu to the board, it's a kind of JST aswell or something with a similar name. You don't have to solder both positive and negative pins for it to work, choose one of them and solder it.

You will connect the positive out from the BMS to the positive and the negative to the negative. If you are, for whatever reason using 11-12v, then you should regulate it before connecting you the board itself, otherwise you will fry it soon enough.

Didn't understand number 2? You need some amps, and voltage around 6-8 v and the ps2 will work.

And yeah it's the same model, 900xx.

Thanks buddy, yes, after the bms will put a regulator, and two cables (one positive and one negative) go directly to the board, revolving what would be the connector of the psu to the console. And as a final question ... Can the PS2 be burned if the voltage is too low? What would happen if the batteries are discharged? (Obviously the console is turned off, but it will be ruined? I want to know this to measure when I turn off the PS2 because I do not want it to burn. Thank you.