Worklog Super Retro V2.1

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
Hi everyone!

Because is my first time entering in this contest i decided to do something not to difficult,im going to make a snes portable and im using a retron 3 console and that's because of the snes board which is very small and that's gonna help me to make a small portable,i don't want to make it too big, also im using an everdrive.

I already designed the case and some other things that im gonna use on the inside and are ready to print,i going to try something new with this case and i hope it works,i will be showing that later .
I dont think im going to make the pcb board for the buttons or the d pad im still a noob for that but if i have the time i'll try to make them.
The idea is to 3d print everything from the case.
i'm not expecting to win,i just want to have fun and see other people's portables which i know are going to be amazing.

here's some pictures of how my case is going to look

Left view.jpg

Up view.jpg

Back view.jpg

Special view.jpg

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
Update!

I finally finished printing my case i used tamiya putty instead of bondo and it looks good,I’m still going to sand it more between coats once I put primer.
here’s the case
1453815C-2F0E-4F34-9232-50FC80215D9B.jpeg

DF3546EB-5CFC-436A-8330-8158A00C2275.jpeg

9DA5DFAD-BB0A-4E52-8C30-32BBFC29D855.jpeg

I was going to used this for the buttons
2F8562D4-B4C6-4E7E-802A-AD3D8142D9D3.jpeg

But I decided to make my pcb boards instead and because of that I had to modify the back of the case just a little bit to add the two pieces that are gonna hold the R and L buttons
EE00D174-687E-4B21-B339-7197070D7B24.jpeg

Ok this is all for now,I hope I can finish the case soon so I can work in the rest of my portable.

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
update!

Thinking that this one was going to be really easy for me was a big mistake,It started really good but now that i almost finish it I’m getting a few problems.
I painted the case and the buttons and I started to put everything inside,I make a thing to hold the everdrive and it fit perfectly
4221A8E9-074B-4003-A5A1-C9FE7584F998.jpeg

I continued to put everything else inside including the volume board,the batteries and also I trimmed the controller,I used a cheap clone controller for this.
4938557E-ECA4-4FE1-A07A-74DCF60FDEE1.jpeg

If you see those cheap regulators there,is because I lost the good regulators so I used them while I order the good ones and yeah this cheap regulators are garbage.
So here is where my problems started, for some reason the controller wasn’t working so I checked every connection in it after a trimmed and it was fine so I thought the problem was on the retron board and It was,I don’t know what happened I removed everything to see if I can see the problem but I accidentally broke one of the audio capacitor....yeah at this moment I knew it was over,a few days later I found another retron on eBay for less de $15 dollars so I bought it,i trimmed and connect everything again and it worked one problem less, oh by the way I didn’t care anymore to make it look good from the inside after all this I just wanted to finish this.
CBC67D31-D8A7-4476-8A5D-BCE11FF98AB6.jpeg

The other problem I had after all this was the audio,I was getting good audio through the headphones but no through the speakers so to fix the audio I had to remove the everdrive because is behind it,when I pull out the everdrive one of the small capacitor from the everdrive board fell off, again i thought it was over but i found it and I solder it back to the everdrive, so I fixed that, but then for some other unknown reason the red board stopped sending power to the retron board and the screen,I have another red board that I’m going to use and see if it works.
I’ll be working on this and see if I can fix all this problems.
I guess this is all for now, I’m going to try to finish this on time if i can.
Forgot to put this picture showing that it works before all this problems.
A3FE5E9F-4698-4250-A8D4-05A721EFAF4A.jpeg

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
update!

Thinking that this one was going to be really easy for me was a big mistake,It started really good but now that i almost finish it I’m getting a few problems.
I painted the case and the buttons and I started to put everything inside,I make a thing to hold the everdrive and it fit perfectly
View attachment 9328
I continued to put everything else inside including the volume board,the batteries and also I trimmed the controller,I used a cheap clone controller for this.
View attachment 9329
If you see those cheap regulators there,is because I lost the good regulators so I used them while I order the good ones and yeah this cheap regulators are garbage.
So here is where my problems started, for some reason the controller wasn’t working so I checked every connection in it after a trimmed and it was fine so I thought the problem was on the retron board and It was,I don’t know what happened I removed everything to see if I can see the problem but I accidentally broke one of the audio capacitor....yeah at this moment I knew it was over,a few days later I found another retron on eBay for less de $15 dollars so I bought it,i trimmed and connect everything again and it worked one problem less, oh by the way I didn’t care anymore to make it look good from the inside after all this I just wanted to finish this.
View attachment 9330
The other problem I had after all this was the audio,I was getting good audio through the headphones but no through the speakers so to fix the audio I had to remove the everdrive because is behind it,when I pull out the everdrive one of the small capacitor from the everdrive board fell off, again i thought it was over but i found it and I solder it back to the everdrive, so I fixed that, but then for some other unknown reason the red board stopped sending power to the retron board and the screen,I have another red board that I’m going to use and see if it works.
I’ll be working on this and see if I can fix all this problems.
I guess this is all for now, I’m going to try to finish this on time if i can.
Forgot to put this picture showing that it works before all this problems.
View attachment 9332
Have you tried connecting a charger to the not-working red board? Sometimes they can reset and lock the battery output, and they need to be connected to a charging current to work again.