Question Wii portable parts list

Tommy1981.
I'm also new to building the wii portable. What all is needed to do a portable wii build? The gman power management, the gc +, a screen, 3d printed housing, and wii. Will this give me enough parts to make the portable wii. Does anyone think a portable dvd player screen would work in the wii portable? Seen a 13 inch dvd player on Ebay for under $60. Where do you get the pads from to place the controller buttons with?
Could someone give me a complete part list?
Thanks.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Welcome to the forum. We are happy to help with specific problems, but only provided you do your own research first. Read through the numerous guides and worklogs before you go asking questions that can be easily answered. If you have a specific question after that, we're glad to help.

Legend

Portables
as jeff said it would be easier to look around first but a bit of advice, ive been compiling a list of things needed ( there are also bills of material posted all over the forums)

Batteries
IMR 18650 3400mah 3.7v (x4)

Wire

26 gauge (for Voltage)

22 gauge (for Ground)

38 gauge (magnet wire)

Power

powermii lite
or
wii power management system (prefered)

Controller

GC+

3ds dpad replacements (x2)

switch joycon analog (x2)

triggers**

tactile switches

soft tactile

3ds button rubber

3ds buttons

-Audio And Video

4.3" lcd tft monitor

amp (for speakers)

speakers

-Cooling

heat sink(s)/fan

keep in mind this list isnt complete quite yet but it is a work in progress

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Why are you listing two different sliders? I think the list should also include a ac to 12V adapter.
huh.png

There is the joystick and C stick (two different sticks) and you shouldn't use a 12v adapter as a charger, that's bound to blow something up without some kind of smart charger or protection

Legend

Portables
If I'm not mistaken, the Wii PMS has charge protection, and I'm thinking of ordering a micro usb breakout board. They're small, only take 5v and there is some easy points to solder to

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
If I'm not mistaken, the Wii PMS has charge protection, and I'm thinking of ordering a micro usb breakout board. They're small, only take 5v and there is some easy points to solder to
USB charging takes a bit more than just a port to function properly. Also, 5v is not enough voltage to charge your batteries with the Wii PMS, you'll want a 12v power supply for that.