Worklog TSFv2 Revitalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portables
3/4
I wasn't around before the 9000 stasis so sorry for the stupid question but is this an old N64 portable turned into a GBC, or a combo system, or ?? ? Whatever it is it looks sweet!! :)

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
It was my final N64p, that basically never got properly publicly released despite being one of the best ones I've ever made. When I finished it, I left a headphone jack in the back for P1 and P2 controller data(on a switch), 3.3v and GND.

Back in March, I crafted this little addon for it, it's a controller connected to P2 that has a transfer pack hardwired to it, so that I can transfer data and stuff on Pokemon Stadium 2.

Now, I'm gonna be revisiting the project, so that I can present something nice at MGC.

Portables
3/4
Nice, I like it and it looks really cool!! :).

I never really got into Pokemon but I've heard it's quite addictive. A guy I used to work with who "hacked" my PSP 1000 put a couple GBC Pokemon titles on there for me to try out but I keep forgetting about them, might have give 'em a play. :).

BTW, noob question but I keep seeing stuff about MGC... What's that? Don't mean to hijack you thread, just curious. :)

Question, (sorry about reviving an old post like this). I havent seen many N64 portables with the transfer pack hardwired on (this is the only one that popped up in the search actually), and I'm super curious about this as I mostly play pokemon-related games. Is there a way to wire in both a controller pack/memory pack/etc and a transfer pack or a combination of them?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
(sorry about reviving an old post like this)
Please do not necro old threads unless you have something to contribute. Normally I would say message the original poster in private, but ShockSlayer doesn't really browse the forums anymore.

But to answer your question, shockslayer gave me a rundown of it at MGC 2016. There's an N64 controller and a transfer pack inside the taped up module. It plugs into the N64 through a repurposed headphone jack. The contacts running through the headphone jack are the ones for the N64 controller, running directly to the N64 player port.

Question, (sorry about reviving an old post like this). I havent seen many N64 portables with the transfer pack hardwired on (this is the only one that popped up in the search actually), and I'm super curious about this as I mostly play pokemon-related games. Is there a way to wire in both a controller pack/memory pack/etc and a transfer pack or a combination of them?
Heya!

The short answer is: no. The longer as is: there can only be one active device in the slot at a time. If you were to wire each in there, you could use a switch to shuffle between the active power on each.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Please do not necro old threads unless you have something to contribute.

But to answer your question
Heya!

The short answer is: no. The longer as is: there can only be one active device in the slot at a time. If you were to wire each in there, you could use a switch to shuffle between the active power on each.
thonk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.