Question 3D Printing Options.

MikaMaslak

PrankMaster 2022
Portables
I am going to be sending one of @Gman 's wiis out to be printed but I kinda have a lot of options.

upload_2019-2-20_4-10-55.png

The Lulzbot is actually complete free to use but the quality is shotty
The 3rd one is about as precise as the object, but it only supports 1 material.

The most superior printer here is the object 260. Because it's precision is insane and I can make puts with any texture attribute to it as seen below

upload_2019-2-20_17-30-42.png

to put in perspective run cost, I will only be billed for materials, just the case main hull of the G-wiis case alone is priced

object: $367 (with soft hand grips printed into the design)
dimensions: $146 (ABS)
lulztbot: free (village plastics)

Out of the G wiis STLs most will be run on the lulzbot for its cost but I'm not sure what STLs I would want to put in the extra money for the high precision and or comfortable texture.

I had in mind:

abxybuttonholders.STL
abxymount_G-Wii.STL
bottom_G-Wii.STL --- lulztbot
dpadmount_G-Wii.STL
gcdpad.STL
joystickmount_G-Wii.STL
lcdholder_G-Wii.STL
LRbutton_G-Wii.STL
tactmount_G-Wii.STL
top_G-Wii(half-1).STL --- lulztbot
top_G-Wii(half-2).STL --- lulztbot
usbmount_G-Wii.STL
zbutton_G-Wii.STL

But they're still a lot of parts I don't know if its better to utilize the higher end machines. So this one goes out to the 3d printer nerd out here.

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
You should upload your photos here with the upload file button. Alternatively you'll need to share the image so everyone else can see it :P

Anyway, we all use standard hobby FDM printers like the lulzbot, so that quality should be plenty good if you spend some time sanding. Alternatively, the less of the two would probably give you a perfect replica with no sanding.

MikaMaslak

PrankMaster 2022
Portables
You should upload your photos here with the upload file button. Alternatively you'll need to share the image so everyone else can see it :P
Wow I can't believe I'm Just finding this out now, my google photos session never had a problem loading my post because its always running in the background.