Question My wii does not turn on

Cinski

Hi I have a problem. I bought a wii for 5 euros which had the SD card reader broken in the contacts. I wanted to install Portablizemi and then I decided to remove the reader and insert another one. The Wii first turned on but did not read the sd. The Wii behaves like in the video where the red LED turns on when the power is on, but when I try to turn it on for a moment it turns on but then turns off completely. I do not understand what the problem is. Can someone help me? I also attach other photos if they can help you. (I can not upload the video)

Attachments

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
That behavior means that you have a short somewhere, probably on the 3.3V line in your case

Cinski

Sorry for the incapacity but how do I understand which component is shorted?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Use a multimeter to check the resistance between 3.3V and GND

Cinski

So I found out where the problem is. Since before the SD player was replaced, the Wii worked I acted on that. I unsoldered and heated it better. I desoldered two cables and I saw that the 3.3 v also corresponds to the contact of the resistance that it has above and so it's okay. The problem lies in the contact of the ground that coincides with the other end of the resistor above. There is continuity between the two marked legs. How can I solve. I would like to be able to put at least portablizemi ..

Attachments