BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Jano

Hello everyone, I am new here, I hope to create a portable ps2 and be able to receive help from you in this process. Thank you very much. Excuse me if my English sounds abrupt, I am occupying google translator

Hello everyone, I am new here, I hope to create a portable ps2 and be able to receive help from you in this process. Thank you very much. Excuse me if my English sounds abrupt, I am occupying google translator
Hello Jano, your English is fine, and at least to me I can understand you better than most of the people I talk to. One thing i found a little funny, is the last sentence. "I am occupying google translator" which i read like you are taking over the google translator, I just picture you at the google headquarters taking a few translators from the office like "hey jim, where is that stranger taking our chinese translator"
"I am not sure, mary, he mentioned he was occupying google translator on a site called bitbuilt". what is your native language just out of curiosity? sorry if this does not make a lot of sense in your native language if you translate it back from google translate.

BocuD

Portables
Thanks for all the info!
I don't have the screen yet, and I was just going off what the original DVD player's screen/motherboard was drawing. ==EDIT== I realized that I was reading the amperage wrong off of my adjustable power supply. I meant to say 500ma

I also was wondering what the best way to charge the 7.4V pack is. It already has a BMS on it, but I couldn't find a board that would take in 12v or so and charge the batteries.
When it comes to building portables, its better not to reuse old parts. If that battery pack came from some RC thing or the DVD player, I have to say its better to read through the battery guide in the guide section, then get the recommended batteries (3400mah 18650 cells) and use something like the red CMB board to charge it. That way you can be sure nothing explodes and you'll have great battery life. The same applies when it comes to screens. These days car reverse monitors of the same size and resolution of those DVD players are around 15$ brand new and have much smaller driver boards, along with lower power consumption. Generally you should know that making a portable is a very long and also expensive process, so its better to make a good one that'll last while you're at it ;). Also yeah 500mA would make more sense. In this case expect about 4 hours if you go with that screen and custom regs with 4 18650 cells. Around 1.5 hours id say with your old batteries actually, even less without custom regs, since those batteries probably don't have their original capacity anymore.

AlecM7

When it comes to building portables, its better not to reuse old parts. If that battery pack came from some RC thing or the DVD player, I have to say its better to read through the battery guide in the guide section, then get the recommended batteries (3400mah 18650 cells) and use something like the red CMB board to charge it. That way you can be sure nothing explodes and you'll have great battery life. The same applies when it comes to screens. These days car reverse monitors of the same size and resolution of those DVD players are around 15$ brand new and have much smaller driver boards, along with lower power consumption. Generally you should know that making a portable is a very long and also expensive process, so its better to make a good one that'll last while you're at it ;). Also yeah 500mA would make more sense. In this case expect about 4 hours if you go with that screen and custom regs with 4 18650 cells. Around 1.5 hours id say with your old batteries actually, even less without custom regs, since those batteries probably don't have their original capacity anymore.
Should probably move this discussion to my worklog, but I would like to mention a few things either way.
I don't have the necessary space for 18650s if I want to keep my battery detachable. Though I could actually cut out the top of the battery enclosure and the bottom of the DVD player and merge the two so that I could fit something like 6 18650s comfortably inside. (I already have 6 Samsung ones from a laptop battery, so I may as well use them for something) That would also give much more room for cooling and extra PCBs.

Last edited:
Portables
0 :(
Hello! I'm snowdori pretty much everywhere except for GBATemp, which I'm Dorimori on.

Hi everyone, I really like electronics and I would like to try and make one myself which will probably be a NES due to I already have a NES, but I hope I will be able to make other portable consoles later on as well :)

Wron

Hello everyone!
Was looking into a way to play GC games on the go and found this community.
Hope to have a portable Wii of my own someday.

Hello everyone! I am new and got here from watching Shank and Madmorda vids. I am curious if there is a thread on Genesis and the Mini Genesis boards. I was thinking of making a mess of my mini and turning it into a portable. I know there are probably easier emulation based pii projects for it, but I wanted to try using actual hardware and eventually mess with the normal Genesis if I can find one at a yard sale. I have access to a 3D printer at work as long as I buy the material. Thanks and hope I can contribute something down the road!

sup ive been lurking on this site for like 3 months now, about time i actually created an acc
from what ive seen this seems like such a great community

Zuon

Hi, there, everyone! So I apologize if I haven't read these forums from top to bottom, as I'm currently at work. But I was wondering what the general rules are for getting eligibility on creating new threads - more specifically the Buying/Selling threads. I did skim the official rules thread, but if this info is in there, I'm not seeing it. All things considered, I'm interested to be here, and intrigued to see the general goings-on.

BocuD

Portables
Hi, there, everyone! So I apologize if I haven't read these forums from top to bottom, as I'm currently at work. But I was wondering what the general rules are for getting eligibility on creating new threads - more specifically the Buying/Selling threads. I did skim the official rules thread, but if this info is in there, I'm not seeing it. All things considered, I'm interested to be here, and intrigued to see the general goings-on.
You need to reply to existing threads first, to combat spam. I think you need at least 3 messages to be able to create your own thread ;)

Hi, I've been enjoying the work you guys and was really wondering how/where to purchase from you guys. Gman's GS2 is amazing. I would love something similar, but do not have the skill to make my own.

Hello! I've been lurking here for a while. I've wanted to learn more about electronics, and I've had more free time recently, so I figured now's the time to start. My local game store seems to be drowning in Wiis so I suppose I might try and make a Wii portable first.

Daisy

Hi, I'm glad to see you all. My name is Daisy. I get referred to as Daisy, Daisy Franz, Vanilla-Daisy or VanillaDaisy depending on the website. Daisy Franz on Discord with Daisy on occasional nickname in some servers.

I found this community by accident when the PiiWii randomly came in my YouTube Recommendation page, we all know random videos pop up on there. I never thought about this until I see the PiiWii video and was impressed.

I'd like to learn how to make a portable retro device so I joined! :)