Solved How to make Zelda Skyward Sword run in portablizermii?

Hi. My wii with potablizermii won't run skyward sword. Everytime that i select to load, it run new super mario bros that's on the same usb drive.

My wii isn't trimmed, it's in original form with potablizermii and Aurelio's vga mod.

The game runs fine on usb loader gx in AV mode.

BocuD

Portables
Make sure all your paths are correct, and the gameids are as well. So you need this folder structure:
/USB ROOT/wbfs/SOUE01.wbfs (or SOUP01.wbfs, if its the PAL version)
Then, If you have a Mac, run sudo dot_clean . inside the wbfs folder from terminal.

There are two archives in the "The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword [SOUP01]" folder.

They Are:
"SOUP01.wbfs" and "SOUP01.wbf1"

The game runs in loader gx. But with it, i can't use vga output.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Is your wii a PAL region wii? You'll need to make sure to use the same region games as the console. If it is a US region wii, you'll need to get the NTSC (ID of SOUE01) version of the rom.

BocuD

Portables
Not sure about that, as i can use NTSC backups without problems on my PAL wiis. What definetly does matter though, is that you have a folder with the wbfs in it. I literally posted this
So you need this folder structure:
/USB ROOT/wbfs/SOUE01.wbfs (or SOUP01.wbfs, if its the PAL version)
above though, as i had the same problem. Fix your folder structure lol. So no seperate game folders, just put the WBFS and WBF1 files straight in the wbfs folder.

I resintalled the portablizermii files in usb drive and load system settings with editor app, the game finally loaded.

The wbfs folder structure stays the same.

Somehow after testing all the ways to run the game, the emunand was corrupted(even after reinstall the files on usb drive the game not worked yet), and I think that was necessary to load the system settings on portablizermii by editor to run the game.

I do not know exactly what caused the problem.

Thank you very much for the help.