Question GameCube Controller Bare Minimum for Function?

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
I'm doing a GameCube controller mod, and I was just wondering what the bare minimum is for it to keep intact and still run fine? There are a slew of resistors, capacitors, and other stuff but I know you don't actually need them all for it to work. I am using it to make a GC compatible N64 controller, and I wanted to wire the N64 buttons to the GC controller IC, something like that.

Can I just cut it out like this, or do I need more (or less) for it to work?
GC Board.PNG

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
That should work, though you'll lose the rumble bits on the bottom left corner. Also, your left line cuts right through the L trigger's slider, so if you need that you'll want to remove that part first

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
That should work, though you'll lose the rumble bits on the bottom left corner. Also, your left line cuts right through the L trigger's slider, so if you need that you'll want to remove that part first
I’m planning I’m doing the slide part as a second tact button instead of it actually sliding, since the n64 doesn’t have slidy buttons. Which part is the rumble? I did plan on using the rumble pack. Can I just cut that part off and wire it to the ic?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Cool thanks. The part labeled “controller type 1/2” isn’t labeled, is that for rumble?
I don't know, I assumed it was just to highlight that particular part difference between controller versions so you knew to cut the trim large enough.